ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

advice on cleaning products

I have an 04 titanium 182 that I have owned from new. The car has been cleaned and polished about 5 times since new, so not very often.

I need a selection of cleaning products including cloths etc. I do not want anything fancy but good quality and that I can use in a reasonable length of time, I am not going to spend 7 hours cleaning it. I havent got a clue on price but upto £50 if thats enough?

The best place to buy online aswell would be handy.

Thanks for any info.

106 GTi
Wash - Megs Gold Class
Clay - Meguiars Quick Clay Kit
Polish - Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Sealant - Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection

Lamswool wash mitt and some microfiber cloths and a couple of hand foam pads. All from a big halfords for about 50 quid.

Rich said:
Wash - Megs Gold Class
Clay - Meguiars Quick Clay Kit
Polish - Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Sealant - Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection

Lamswool wash mitt and some microfiber cloths and a couple of hand foam pads. All from a big halfords for about 50 quid.

cheers Rich :D

do you dry it before you clay it?

106 GTi
I clay using a soap and water mix so never bother drying first, then save the detail spray for future use.

Titanium 182 full fa
I would also invest in some optimium car wax for after the EGP, you can get this from polishebliss.co.uk.
The only different thing i would us is Sonax gloss shampoo from a vauxhall garage.
Get some pics up when done, same colour as mine...looks awesome when clean and really sparkles....

I bought some stuff last night off the internet. Not quite the same as Rich's list but similar.

All Meguiars
G7116 Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo and Condition 4.99
G1116 Quik Clay Detailing System 11.99
G7014 Gold Class Clear Coat Paste Wax 12.99
A1616 Quik Wax: Carnauba Protection 6.99
E102E The Ultimate Wash Mitt 9.99
X2020 Supreme Shine Microfire (3 pack) 14.99
-------
Goods Total: £ 61.94

Just need to find some spare time to do it when I get them.

106 GTi
Nice one Mark - Not a fan of the G7014 Gold Class Clear Coat Paste Wax, find it a pain on and off, and doesnt last that long. But it does clean and protect in one step. You should be okay protection wise if you use the quick wax after washing.

Finally got round to cleaning my car last night.

Particularly impressed by the shampoo and surprised how much dirt the clay took off even though it looked spotless.

Thanks for the info it all worked well. Heres some pics.

meg1.jpg

meg2.jpg

meg3.jpg

RB 182
I love the beading pictures, always look brilliant.

Top job there, now you've got it done it will be much easier to maintain. If you use the OCW after washing you should keep it looking good too.