ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on Projector / Large TV

2014 Focus Titanium
Hi guys and gals,

We're looking into buying a projector at our Golf Club for the World Cup. At the moment we only have a 40" Samsung LCD TV and for a room this size (6m x 12m) it's way too small.

Only thing is, it's a very light room with quite a few windows, would a projector still be any good? I'm not totally bother about getting the best PQ but I just want people to be able to see what's actually on!

The only other option to this is to buy a bigger TV, I can get a 50" Plasma for ~£500 but I don't think it will be that much better because it's still a bit small for a massive room. I would be happy with something like 60-65" TV but the price just shoots up to over a grand which is pointless for an extra 10"!

Anyone got any ideas?

SQ5
JVC do some good projectors but they do cost as much as a 65" plasma!

The problem you will find is that they are made for darker rooms. Have you thought about getting two 50" and situating them in two places that will be easy to view?

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Check out sanyo plc-sl15 projector or something similar, they can project a huge screen at a short distance. I get a 108" screen at about 3/4m from the wall
Be careful on older ones, as with most projectors the dull with age and if they have been in smokey atmospheres they tend to have a yellow tinge.

I picked up a bargin one on the bay for about £150 and it came with a free filter hood

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
plasma is a no no for dark rooms, you'll be wanting an LCD.

as said, in a bright room, a projector and matching projector screen (in order to get a v good picture) will cost ££££

DMS

A thirsty 172
Take them all down to the pub and buy a round. They can watch the football in there :p

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I just think the quality is crap and you need to be dead centre to see any of it in my experience. Best thing my local did was chuck it in the bin and buy 2 big plasmas.

Can see things now!