ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on SLR selection ??

Flame Red Delight
Hi

I have already used the search function and never found anything conclusive. I am just looking for a good SLR camera. I am looking to get into photography and have very basic skills. So basically a good beginner SLR camera that i can get really good quality pictures from. (i.e Christophers pics are always awsome)

The max budget i have would be £300.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Callum

Last edited:
  Flame Red Delight
is the D40 really that good and what sort of price range would i be looking at for one?

clio 1.4 sport
I bought the 1000D for around your budget plus I think there's a £30 cashback promotion at the moment. It's pretty similar to the 400D think there's only a couple of differences.

3 x Renaults + Lexus
You mean Digital SLR?

If so for about £300 you should get a second hand canon D60 (or better) body with nice lens which is the main investment you will keep a good lens longer than a body

or a new Nikon D60 with no lens

But you cant go wrong with Canon or Nikon

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
there are loads of threads about this. Learn to use the search. There isn't one better beginner DSLR than any other tbh.

D40/D60, your not really limited by new lenses, Sigma & Tamron now do a wide range of lenses that will work along with the AF-S Nikon Lenses.

You can get a D60 from Jessops with the 18-55VR lens for £330 with £30 cash back which means its in your budget!

koi

Audi S1
DSLR - digital
SLR - film

You going to the meet on Thursday? If you are will have my 350d there so you can mess about with it.

Flame Red Delight
i used the search and there was none with conclusive results

Yea i am going to the meet on thursday will see what i think of yours mate is it a DSLR yea?

That's because there is no conclusive result!!

Your best bet is to go to a local camera shop and try the D40/D60/1000D and see what you like the best.

I choose Nikon, I briefly flirted with Canon, but came straight back to Nikon.. others prefer canon!