ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

advice/opinions please

Renaultsport Clio 197
I have a 1.6 16v and currently thinking about performance mods, basically what mods are best for improving performance to a noticable amount?

and in your opinions is it actually worth modifying the 1.6, 'cos I keep thinking I could be putting the money I spend towards getting a better car in the first place!!?? (but I won't be able to afford that for a long time yet!)

all help/opinions much appreciated.

TeZ

Non RS : (
panel filter?(K&N), lowering springs (eibach pro, sportlines?), exhaust?

many options can be done im in the same situation just gonna do a bit to mine then save for a 172.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
Devil de-cat, cat back system, filter, coilovers.. easy way to blow 1-1.5k but you wont regret it!

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
coilovers alone take you to a level that you can make std 172's struggle to keep up!

Ford Puma
Only thing with Coilovers is spend the cash. Variant 3 KW's have adjustable springs/dampners/height for maximum effectivness but will set you back a bag of sand!

Plenty of options for ECU Remaps or chips etc etc too just find a good company with proven results :)

there's loads you could do , exhaust system (decat) performance induction kits etc , i'd look at good brakes too , you'll go quicker longer knowing you can brake later .

remap and ecu work imo would be the last thing you want to do , once all the other mods have been set up correctly .

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
yeah, same brakes as the mk1 valver so lots of upgrades out there.. i have brembo max discs with ferodo ds2500 pads and ss braided hoses. work a treat!

re-map next me thinks!