ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice Regarding Police

Cupra

Alright lads,

Some of you may know that I couldnt get insured on my RSi because my insurers are c***s. Well I rang them up last night and had ago at the Asian lad representing the c**t excuse for a company. In the end the w**kers decided they will insure me for a month at an extra cost of 30 quid. Not bad for 10 mins of sl*gging the c**ts off.

Only problem is, it hasnt got an MOT and I cant get down the test center until next Saturday because I have work. Does anyone know what the penalty is for no MOT?

I have 6 points already so I cant get anymore or Ill lose my license.

Cheers for any help!;)

Depends, if you got pulled and given a producer and then claimed you didnt realise it had run out and have booked an appt for an mot straight away then you might get away with a bollocking... depends on the force and the officer as you could get stuck on for it. cant remember the endorsement for it though, but it can be quite harsh. just go and get an mot.

(p.s. whats the insurance lads colour got to do with anything?! :confused: )

if you have no MOT you also are not insured!..............Instant ban in your case.

To be honest if you took that attitude with me I wouldnt insure you at all!
[Edited by Mike Wright on 19 June 2004 at 5:07pm]

Cupra

:mad:Quote: Originally posted by Mike Wright on 19 June 2004

To be honest if you took that attitude with me I wouldnt insure you at all!
[Edited by Mike Wright on 19 June 2004 at 5:07pm]

Hmm, if you was paying 2k a year to a company of your hard-earned money and you couldnt even understand them because they are called oiufygdsjgvkhdsfv and the call centers are in India, all because they are trying to milk as much money as they can, I think youd be a little annoyed.

Its an absolute disgrace. Nothing against Indian people at all, just that I doubt your average Joe Bloggs from Bombay knows alot about cars. I tried to explain what lowering a car was for about 10 minutes, then he said Ohhhh, you mean 4 wheel drive!!, err no.

Cupra

But if Im driving to a pre-booked appointment at the garage for an MOT then my insurance is all valid yer?

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

if their so useless, why did you take a policy with them in the first place? cant say ive ever spoke to an asian guy when ringing for insurance

Cupra

Quote: Originally posted by Bubbles on 19 June 2004

if their so useless, why did you take a policy with them in the first place? cant say ive ever spoke to an asian guy when ringing for insurance

Because they were cheap, why else?

The company in question is Norwich Union

If you can afford 2k a year to your car, you can afford £100 to hire a fiat flatulence for a week from Hertz. Just dont try and burn off any Audi TTs. then you can book your mot and stay legal

Oink

[Edited by hogboy on 19 June 2004 at 5:33pm]

Cupra

Quote: Originally posted by hogboy on 19 June 2004

If you can afford 2k a year to your car, you can afford £100 to hire a fiat flatulence for a week from Hertz. Just dont try and burn off any Audi TTs. then you can book your mot and stay legal

Oink

[Edited by hogboy on 19 June 2004 at 5:33pm]

Mate, I cant get a hire car because I am under 21 and held me driving license for under a year, not forgetting the 6 points!

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

soundz to me like u wana calm down a tad mate u dont wana loose them papers and not be on the road at all

Ouch!!

Been driving for less than a year and got six points, sounds like you need to slwo donw and have a GOOD look at ytour driving style, yes ok drive fats when you have some experience under your belt, but not wihtin months of passing your test, that is just stupid!

Cupra

No no no. I was given 6 points because I was pulled on my Cagiva Mito at 3:00 AM only to find out that my insurance had run out a day before.

Not been done for speeding.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Quote: Originally posted by Mike Wright on 19 June 2004

if you have no MOT you also are not insured!..............Instant ban in your case.

I didnt think it mattered apart from if you have a crash they give you a crap payout as they cant know if it was of a road legal standard, so you dont get book price. Thats what I read on the net anyway. Same site also said that driving without an MOT doesnt carry points as an offence, I think its because its not dealt with by the police its the department for transport or something.

Though I guess you could be done for having an unroadworthy vehicle if its in a bad state.

I wouldnt risk it though personally, its only a week, Ive been without a car for 8 months or so!

"I cant get a hire car because I am under 21..... "

Pull a sickie from work and get it done on Monday

Get someone else to drop the car down for the mot

No liscence means no car means cliosport.net will ban you as well. Surley there must be some option ;->

oink

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Dan RSi on 19 June 2004

But if Im driving to a pre-booked appointment at the garage for an MOT then my insurance is all valid yer?
Only if your MOT hasnt yet expired!!

I got this from a police website:

On the final offence, drivers having vehicles with no MOT certificate, also tend to be uninsured, have no vehicle excise duty and are driven by unlicensed drivers. These offences are part of a wider pattern of criminal behaviour. It would seem that a fine of £60 accompanied by 3 penalty points, thereby placing it on a par with speeding offences, is appropriate in the first instance. In conclusion, the failure to have an MOT certificate and failure to display excise licence would be candidates for inclusion within the fixed penalty system.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Also saw this elsewhere:

2. If your car has no MoT or road tax then your insurance is invalid

Almost always wrong. The Association of British Insurers (ABI) says that insurance policies will still pay out in full on any third party claims, and in the case of damage to or theft of your own vehicle, payouts may be reduced to reflect the lower market value of a car without an MoT.
There are a very few policies that insist in the small print that an MoT must be in force otherwise they will refuse to pay. These, however, are extremely rare, but it is worth checking the wording just in case.
If the car has no road tax, the ABI says insurers are still obliged under the Road Traffic Act to pay out for both third party and comprehensive claims. The fact that you are committing an offence by not having tax is irrelevant.

Vehicle document crime penalties vary - not having valid insurance is punishable by an endorseable £200 fine and six points on your driving license and no MOT will result in a non-endorseable £60 fine.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by hogboy on 19 June 2004

"I cant get a hire car because I am under 21..... "

Pull a sickie from work and get it done on Monday

Get someone else to drop the car down for the mot

No liscence means no car means cliosport.net will ban you as well. Surley there must be some option ;->

oink
Really ?

Can you not get the MOT done when your on your lunch? Book the MOT for Monday and drive to work then drop the car in for the MOT. If you get stopped explain that you have an appointment and you should be okay. Its legal to drive to the MOT station without an MOT and the police will double chaeck your booking and probably give you a producer.

Willy2

true, there is no time specified on the MOT and it will be valid from the day. so if you got stopped and got a producer you would be in the clear!