ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

advice - SNOOPER & ROAD ANGEL

80MPG BEEZA
looking at various road helpers so my license stays clean, there's so many models and make out there i dont know what does what and all the different tyes of cameras out there!

what i'm looking for is a defense against the plod with the lazer guns on top of the motorways and hiding behind trees and stuff, then defense against set up mobile units where the have the van parked back facking you with big camera jobby out the back which automatically sends you a fine if ur speeding!

dont care about price but something that looks good nice and black! i just wana have a little more advantage then going "ohhh sh*tt slooowww downn" when i see a cop car last min and i'm doing 40 in a 30 but most of all doing over a ton on the motorway stretch at 2 in the morning, there must be products out there that can help me

just past me first 2 years so i can actually get full 12 points now anyways

J

jamesy

road angel nav 6000 matey its a brilliant unit full 7 digit post code recognition uk and northern ireland street level mapping, gps database for all fixed cameras inc mini gatso and the antenna for the lasers is now only 50quid reduced from 100 the first six months subscription to update the database is free then 3.99 a month with a minimum 12 month contract payable via direct debit with no obligation to subscribe;)

also snooper s2 100quid uses gps technology to detect all types of cameras comes setup for use no extra cost

both available at www.motor-world.co.uk

I have the snooper s4 with the radar add on and it is very good with all the fixed cameras but TBH if you have a radar gun or laser gun pointed at you when you are going fast you are had don't think there is anything out there that is going to stop you getting caught unless you get a jammer or something the laser is so fast you wont slow down in time for a gun you need to know it there before not when the snooper picks it up. When it picks it up they have got your speed to late. For all fixed cameras it really good and you get six months free then its only 4.95 a month after that.
I drive all over the country and it has saved me a few times when a camera is round the corner but with the digital you cant get anything that pick that up unless its fixed and on the snooper data base

V6 Exige, GTR R35
^^ agree with this fella.

twice ive been done by the mobile cameras and ive got an origin B2, only think to beat them is a jammer - and if you get caught with one of them its a court job!

535d / t5 caravelle
tell me more about these jammers please guys, where can you get em and costs please? any links, sounds interesting

V6 Exige, GTR R35
http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/blinder.htm

heres a place that sells them. Apparently they give the gun or camera an error signal but the plods still mark it down against your car - if it happends again and they see youre already in their system they'll come and lift your car!

some people have been in big trouble because of these... however a way round it seems to be that some electronic remote garage doors work off these.....

535d / t5 caravelle
stoddie said:
http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/blinder.htm

heres a place that sells them. Apparently they give the gun or camera an error signal but the plods still mark it down against your car - if it happends again and they see youre already in their system they'll come and lift your car!

some people have been in big trouble because of these... however a way round it seems to be that some electronic remote garage doors work off these.....

cool, i'll have a gander

535d / t5 caravelle
MrMark said:
just dont speed?

not realistic, everyone speeds to a certain degree, even if its dropping from a 40mph zone to a 30mph zone for example, and the rozzers are sat there with there gay radar gun, collecting some more funds off you.

80MPG BEEZA
yup bill's right everyone speeds i've spotted them everytime they've been parked up but its not to say i wont be caught out one day and i'm trying to keep my license clean without having to drive round like an old man

any views on the snooper saphirre?

The jammers are illegal and if they see that the gun is got an error they will try it again and if i happens again they will normally come after you anyway and will search your car for a suspicious device evan with the jammer that only stops the laser or radar you still can get caught with the van they are digital my snooper never goes off with them and it picks up laser radar and got the gps it only picks up truvelos because they are on the data base

I've got Snooper s4 aswell and it's great for going places i don't no as sometimes your to busy trying to work out where your going to notice speed cameras!
Like said though their isn't much you can do to get around camera vans and hand help laser guns. Apparently having one of these things on your car that operates and electric garage door will block them but i don't fancy trying it.
The Police are trying to make speeding as bad as drink driving best way is just too keep driving like a Grandad and save the speeding for deserted b-roads.

80MPG BEEZA
i usually keep my fast driving for the b-roads but its like who does 30 all the time in a 30 zone? not even my gf's dad does in his bmw and his one safe driver! i just dont wanna be caught out and be like DAMN YOU!

^^^^^^
TBH i don't think that there is anything that is going to help with the mobile speed cameras and gun you don't get an advance warning with them i had once was coming into a village when working in Devon and got flashed by an oncoming vehicle to say that there was a copper with a gun down there so i slowed down got in the village my snooper went off when i saw him the gun was back pointing at the ground and that was a radar gun the laser is evan faster he had my speed so if i was speeding it would of been to late so the way foward is to flash everyone that there is a camera

RS Clio 200
have tried numerous camera devices, and imo nothing comes close to the OriginB2. Its community updated, and then Origin Verified - which means users report new cameras, and origin go out and physically check all of them for full details.

Tells you how fast ure going, and how fast you should be going through the camera. Also has cool features like telling you which specs camera you are at in the series....eg. camera 2/5....

It hooks up to a laser jammer should you really wanna pay out for one.

Updated once a week, you will have no problems.

In terms of mobile cams, nothing will help you. you just gotta learn the places they sit, or be a bit more sensible on the road, which to be honest is probably the best option

80MPG BEEZA
gonna get the snooped saphirre as its has all the latest cameras full colour screen with verbal warnings and speed indication, and then a set of big four pot brakes with 325mm discs shud i need to slow down really quick :)