ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

aerial twists but wont come out!

Clio 172 cup
ive seen a million threads saying the aerial on a mk2 should just unscrew from the base. My one wouldnt move so i sprayed it with wd.. it now turns and turns and turns but wont come out!

anyone had this or have any ideas?!

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Sounds like the screw threads broken. Cut it above the bolt and see if you can take the bolt off and then the remaining screw thread with pliers.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
You might just be turning the outer plastic bit? Get some pliers on it and grip it tight so that you're turning the inside metal bit..

Clio 172 cup
You might just be turning the outer plastic bit? Get some pliers on it and grip it tight so that you're turning the inside metal bit..

ive got some grips on it and to be fair it does feel a bit jumpy like the thread is siezed and plastic spinning.. im soaking in in wd40 this morning and will have another go once im home from work! if no joy i guess cutting the plastic off to get grips directley on thread would surely be the answer?!