ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aerosal Painting

No more clio's for me!
Yes you can mate...its all in the prep mate, make sure the surface is smooth all over. Then prime the area, make sure thats smooth etc. Then be patient...build up the layers slowly and rub down in between in prep for the final coat and lacquer. If you take your time, you can get a real nice finish. :)

Good luck,
Dan

Clio 172mk2
yer as said , from what i remember ,
sand till proper smooth , then primer few layers.
light sand with proper fine stuff if it isnt looking smooth n start again

then main colour few layers
then 3-7 layers of laqur

then wet sand with a bucket of water with a drop of fairy.
then dry and then finally polish up

Chocolate Bar™
dannyboy172 said:
Yes you can mate...its all in the prep mate, make sure the surface is smooth all over. Then prime the area, make sure thats smooth etc. Then be patient...build up the layers slowly and rub down in between in prep for the final coat and lacquer. If you take your time, you can get a real nice finish. :)

Good luck,
Dan

another graduate from the school of middo ;) as the good man says its all in the preperation, get this wrong and the surface will be crap. Also make sure u laquer in a warm place or with an artificial heat source or it WILL go cloudy. After the laquer has fully cured (i'd leave it at least a week) use something like a rubbing compounbd or scratch x to get the surface ultra smootha nd then a few layers of wax will finish it off :)

Chocolate Bar™
CH33MA said:
Middo, u gonna get back to me about that pm mate?
soory mate, will do was gonna look up the colour code as i'm not sure what it is lol! pm me what the actually name of thecolour si and i'll get you a price :)

Chocolate Bar™
yo can do it as soon as its touch dry, some people even say do it whilst the paints still tacky, although i've never used this technique

Punto/Clio GTT
Middo said:
yo can do it as soon as its touch dry, some people even say do it whilst the paints still tacky, although i've never used this technique

whoever said that needs hangin, laquering a non dry basecoat will just drag the basecoat down and f**k it up completely