ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AF Desire & Spirit.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Yo,

You're all probably aware but these can be bought from amazon at a discounted price

Desire = £80
Spirit = £60

I picked up a tub of desire, I'm not sure if anyone is a regular user on here but the reviews look extremely positive :)

Do you rate Desire?

Desire is lovely. When applying it use a damp microfibre applicator. I find it spreads so much better this way over a foam applicator.

I can almost do the whole side of my Clio with just a few dabs so it goes a long way and it's effortless to remove.

It's a really nice wax.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Would you say it's over priced at £120 Dave?

There's no way I'd personally pay that for it but I think £80 is much more like it.

At £80 it probably works out quite cheap per application.
Its hugely overpriced

For an extra £10 your better off with Swissvax Shield. Or for less you can get glasur. I was hugely disappointed with desire

I think it's a good wax for £80 and I'd also buy Shield if I was looking for a wax around the £100+ price point.

What didn't you like about Desire?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm still lolling at it being worth the same as Shield and more expensive than Glasur. Based on a wax that cost me £10 2-3 years ago. Desire is actually a nice wax and probably the only premium feeling wax out the range. But £120? Seriously!

The detailing industry is still hilarious.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I think it's a good wax for £80 and I'd also buy Shield if I was looking for a wax around the £100+ price point.

What didn't you like about Desire?
I honestly dont even think its worth £80 lol. The beading & water behaviour aint all that. Ive seen better from a wax more then half its price. The application is lovely like all AF waxes. Spreads like butter. Its not that easy to buff
I prefer Essence to desire

I can see where your coming from. Autofinesse have got a very busy wax range at the moment. Certainly a few waxes in there that should be dropped I think.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I'm still lolling at it being worth the same as Shield and more expensive than Glasur. Based on a wax that cost me £10 2-3 years ago. Desire is actually a nice wax and probably the only premium feeling wax out the range. But £120? Seriously!

The detailing industry is still hilarious.

£10 2-3 years ago? Seriously lol?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Under £100?!

Hmmm. Zymol Carbon. Zymol feel, with a fair price.

Lusso Oro is one of my favourites. Think of it like R222. Show wax with minimal durability.

Too many others to choose from.

Finis Wax
RG55
Bouncer's 22
Blackfire midnight sun

Britemax vantage has impressed me on a small test panel at work. Going to do a wing and door test on my own car with it now.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
i used desire last week on my cup, not that impressed with it much preferred illussion,a nightmare to get off and that was with hardly any on the paint, now using art de shine wax much better imo

ADS1982 how long did you leave it before buffing off? I've always found removal really easy especially if you leave it to cure for around 10 minutes.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
it was around 10 mins in shade new cloths aswell wasnt bad wax but price wise i think way ott in my opinion ,didnt leave any special look for 120quid ,water beading nothing special,i think illussion much better for the money

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Shouldn't be hard to come off, over application maybe?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
could hardly see it when dry maybe the wax was bad it was a sample pot smelt nice im getting a better look with art de shine obsidian wax i got used for 25 notes love it

Heard good things about the ADS wax. MagpieV6 loved it!

Gally what do you think of ADS products in general?

It's a brand I've seen quite a lot on dw but I don't really know much about the company or the products. Any stand out products in their range?

ADS1982 besides their wax have you got any other ads products?

Seen a spray sealant / qd that looks promising.

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Well due to the fact the product range is so bloody confusing and the website isn't running well yet makes it difficult to order. I'll review the repel coat/artdejohnson soon as it's released.

From the people's opinion I trust it's good stuff. I certainly wouldn't buy the liquid sealants over CQUK though.

Yeah it's the product names that we're confusing me aswell. Everyone on dw shortens the product names but I don't know what anything is actually called lol.

Sounds good, look forward to your reviews.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
If you need to know anything mate just fire away in the questions thread that's why we made it. :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Happy to help mate. It's a minefield as you know!