ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

After 1 week of iPhone ownership...

320d M Sport
I'm completely won over. It is pretty amazing.

I wasn't entirely convinced by the previous phones and stuck with Nokia, I just love this 4 though. I can't see how I'd ever use any other phone now? It's just so handy and really does make life easier. I'm dreading the day I drop or scratch it!?

Apps so far that I'm very impressed with;

Shiftworker - Dead handy this if you work shifts, works our your rota for the year, can export, personalse..all free.
Runkeeper - This is free at the min, it has preloaded work outs, uses GPS, works out all your stats, well impressed!

Other than that I've got the usual quick games, Flixtster, Urbanspoon, Redlaser, VoucherCloud. Seriously could spend all day reading that App thread above.

I've had no signal issues at all and pretty impressed with battery too.

Apple FTW, never thought I'd say it. Just annoyed I never got one earlier...

It is. There's no denying that.

The days of a battery lasting a week are long gone. You can't have a phone that does everything and expect it to last like a shitty old Nokia that just calls and texts. Same goes for any smartphone.

The days of a battery lasting a week are long gone. You can't have a phone that does everything and expect it to last like a shitty old Nokia that just calls and texts. Same goes for any smartphone.

Mine is alot worse than is was 3 months ago.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I still haev my berry till my upgrade in march/april time but i've said it for a long time apple really have got it susses there is no doubting it all.

My missus 3gs is just so so so simple yet does everythihng perfect!

It's just an ideal phone, the apps make the phone of course but it's ease of use are out of this world and will never be beaten imo.

LY 182

Exactly. You can't have all that epicness and a never ending battery. Although the Macbooks do have a crazy battery life but that's a different matter lol.

My battery lasts the same as it did when new. I'm never far from a computer anyway so can always charge via USB if required.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Is amazing tbh I couldn't do without it now, but the battery is s**t. Needs charging everyday and even 25% won't hold a night out...

Bus w**ker
The battery on my 4 still amazes me everyday. I f**king rinse my phone from 6 am through till about 11pm. 3G, wifi, iPod, facebook, twitter, texts, email, phone calls, random pictures of my stupid boss being a mong etc and it's still rarely less than 30% by the time I'm putting it back on charge over night.

Now my Blackberry, that had a s**t battery. Stick it on 2G, turn off wifi and hardly use it...dead by lunch.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I have had no issues with the battery, if it's lasting for 1 day - it's fucked. Take it back.

My battery will easily last three days of moderate use of just calls and texts. Obviously if I'm using it heavily, then I'll charge it pretty much every night. It's definitely a little better than the battery life I got from form my pauper 3GS, and was ok for me. Do some people expect a device of that power, driving the world's best mobile device touchscreen, to get a week's standby? PMSL. Basically what revels's said.

182 Turbo Project
I have just come back to the fold! Just bought one and picked it up tonight! 32gb of white lovliness!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've never had a iPhone battery run dead on me.

Every night I plug it in.... Simples!

Does that not knacker the battery, i don't charge mine unless it's completely flat unless i have no choice.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Hate mine with a passion. im stuck with the fucker till next year -.-

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I just bought a docking radio alarm clock when i got mine, so just pop it in everynight.

Rarely run out of battery, usually goes in on a night at about 40%. A particularly boring day at work can sometimes drain it, especially youtube and that, but I carry a usb cable with me so its no problem :)

Slow red one
Wish there was someway to check if the battery was still operating as it should be because since the last update my battery don't seem as good as it was, today i've been at work all day so hardly used it and it was charging all night and got home at 8 and its on 69% and I've hardly used it! ah well.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Only had my phone five months, usually wait until it's in the red before giving it a full charge. iPod takes no battery at all, literally hours and hours of play at nearly full volume will take like 3% off the battery...

But, when I leave it at night, nothing running, no texts or calls, it'll completely die. We're talking 30%+ gone in 6 hours of standby, wtf?

Is someone sneaking into my room and using my phone at night lol? By the way I shut down all my apps before I go to bed.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Sold my '4' for a desire HD. best move I made. glad to see the back of it. No doubt will be tempted back with the 5 however

Citroen DS3 DSport
Only had my phone five months, usually wait until it's in the red before giving it a full charge. iPod takes no battery at all, literally hours and hours of play at nearly full volume will take like 3% off the battery...

But, when I leave it at night, nothing running, no texts or calls, it'll completely die. We're talking 30%+ gone in 6 hours of standby, wtf?

Is someone sneaking into my room and using my phone at night lol? By the way I shut down all my apps before I go to bed.

Definitely something not right there. While on standby overnight my iPhone will use no more than 7% battery.

LY 182
Yeah that does sound like an issue. Unless you don't realise that you make loads of calls in your sleep lol.

I think mine is more around 8-12% during 7-8 hours of sleep when on standby.