ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

After a 694mile non stop drive your 182..

http://img50.exs.cx/img50/7039/filthy4co.jpg

http://img236.exs.cx/img236/7476/filthy11mi.jpggoes from clean to filthy!

set off to Pembrokeshire area at 11pm other night and back again just for hell of it. Went back roads way but Came back different way, M4, up M6 A628 into Penistone and home.

Stopped for leg stretch at tenby at 3am then filled up wi another tank of optimax and drove back. All in all just over 12hours driving.

CRAZY! First time seen that much salt down there on the roads.

lol;)

http://img236.exs.cx/img236/4572/mint7az.jpg

[Edited by jon_r on 14 March 2005 at 2:01pm]

its clean again now, re applied all wax and rain x again today.

lol

Fancy Loch Ness trip next time, there an back over night. ;)

insomnia??

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by TonyRS182 on 14 March 2005

its clean again now, re applied all wax and rain x again today.

lol

Fancy Loch Ness trip next time, there an back over night. ;)

insomnia??
said it before, so Ill say it again.... go up the a82 from glasgow to loch ness / inverness and back down the a9 - bout 200 miles +

LoL good going lad!

Ive done a round trip from Solihull to Durness (north coast mainland scotland) via telford, got up there for the complete annular eclipse that happened in 2003 (last one for a bit in the UK) and then after that happened at 4:20am.... drove back home again LoL.... round trip of about 1200 miles in just under 36 hours with breaks on the trip and about 6-7 hours in durness in the pub and watching the eclipse LoL

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 14 March 2005

LoL good going lad!

Ive done a round trip from Solihull to Durness (north coast mainland scotland) via telford, got up there for the complete annular eclipse that happened in 2003 (last one for a bit in the UK) and then after that happened at 4:20am.... drove back home again LoL.... round trip of about 1200 miles in just under 36 hours with breaks on the trip and about 6-7 hours in durness in the pub and watching the eclipse LoL

Unfortunately I work on that same north coast.... Thurso, furthest north town in mainland UK.

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 14 March 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 14 March 2005LoL good going lad!Ive done a round trip from Solihull to Durness (north coast mainland scotland) via telford, got up there for the complete annular eclipse that happened in 2003 (last one for a bit in the UK) and then after that happened at 4:20am.... drove back home again LoL.... round trip of about 1200 miles in just under 36 hours with breaks on the trip and about 6-7 hours in durness in the pub and watching the eclipse LoLUnfortunately I work on that same north coast.... Thurso, furthest north town in mainland UK. [/QUOTE]

But the roads up there are ace, the scenary is simply stunning

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 14 March 2005

LoL good going lad!

Unfortunately I work on that same north coast.... Thurso, furthest north town in mainland UK.

But the roads up there are ace, the scenary is simply stunning

i agree, i get to my house up there buzzing after the 5 hour drive, but its not a good place to work and its a bit crap in the winter time.

Just about every mile of the 17800 miles my cars has done have been on random drives like that! (dont need it to get to work) :D Reading this is tempting me to go out for a few hours down some back roads :D

VaVa

Cant beat a random drive. I set off for a pack of fags once.... picked up the fags from the local shop, drove past the turning for my house, out of my village and just kept going. Ended up in Northampton at about midnight. Decided that was far enough and came back.

Not quite a 600 odd miler. Thats an epic journey for no reason!!

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!

some people drive because they have to, and others because they enjoy it.

im with you on this one. it sounds abit like Forrest Gump. "I just kept on running"

i bet the roads were quiet at that time?

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy

Fantastic :D

Ill be heading upto John o Groats myself early next month (purely for the fun of it) and im really looking forward to it

Quote: Originally posted by TomS on 14 March 2005

lol one rally style clio! ;)

Sorry to go off topic but Rain X? is that for windows? :oops:

yeah for the glass mirrors etc.

Clart, yep through choice, lol.

Turned the engine off once to fill up.

Quote: Originally posted by Dean on 14 March 2005

some people have 2 much time on their hands!

how could u be arsed to drive all that!

How comes your a guest dude??? They thrown your arse into the CS dungeon?? If so are them 2 blonde stunners still in there?

133/225/CLS AMG

What a strange chap haha

I dont think Id want to sit in my Clio for 12 hours straight, love driving it but I like my bed quite a lot as well. lol

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
good going that mate.

i did staffordshire to inverness a couple of years ago. but i stayed over in inverness. still a 600 mile round trip.

jpc

Golf
i did a road trip in a landy disco in october, 3697 miles in 6 days, you shuda seen it!!

we spent 1 day doing offroading up a mountain in malaga also, it was FILTHY!!!

I did Pembrokeshire and back once (I'm only in Wiltshire though so I ended doing about 400 miles), went right to the far end to a little town called Angle, middle of bloody nowhere!

Great fun, I often go out just for a great drive and then turn around and come back, never managed 12hrs though (7 is my best), I'd be shattered!

Pikey Truck
Re: Archived Post from old forum

TonyRS182 said:
http://img50.exs.cx/img50/7039/filthy4co.jpg

http://img236.exs.cx/img236/7476/filthy11mi.jpggoes from clean to filthy!

set off to Pembrokeshire area at 11pm other night and back again just for hell of it. Went back roads way but Came back different way, M4, up M6 A628 into Penistone and home.

Stopped for leg stretch at tenby at 3am then filled up wi another tank of optimax and drove back. All in all just over 12hours driving.

CRAZY! First time seen that much salt down there on the roads.

lol;)

http://img236.exs.cx/img236/4572/mint7az.jpg

[Edited by jon_r on 14 March 2005 at 2:01pm]

That is some Crazy SH*T

Phase One 172
Longest drive ive done is hull-huddersfield-crawley (near gatwick)- haslingden (lancashire). Driving for about 15 hours and over 700 miles in one go... wouldnt do it again tho... i got the biggest bollocking off my dad (i took his car) when i got back.... red bull cans and general crap everywhere in the car. Nice car by the way... think i prefer the rally look