ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

After market clutch?

182 Cup
Hello,

So I was quoted around $1300 inc. parts to put a new genuine clutch into my 182. It seems very expensive and im wondering if any of the after market units are any good? I went to a renault dealer and they said I should get a flywheel too is this true? They said this because the car shudders under take off and they reckon the flywheel has hot spots and in machinable? I'm in melbourne, australia. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

330i. E30 Touring.
Cost for a standard Valeo clutch in the UK is approx £120. Unless you're running BIG power, there's no need for anything more.

Labour should be about 6 hours.

Flywheel- you should be fine. If it's not straight, whip it off and have it skimmed (it's only 7 bolts once you've got the box out and there's no reason you can't take a tiny bit off!)

Fly me out to Aus and put me up for the weekend, i'll buy you the clutch from here, bring my tools and i'll do it FOC! (;

340i
Cost for a standard Valeo clutch in the UK is approx £120. Unless you're running BIG power, there's no need for anything more.

Labour should be about 6 hours.

Flywheel- you should be fine. If it's not straight, whip it off and have it skimmed (it's only 7 bolts once you've got the box out and there's no reason you can't take a tiny bit off!)

Fly me out to Aus and put me up for the weekend, i'll buy you the clutch from here, bring my tools and i'll do it FOC! (;

LOL, just what I was going to say ;)