ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Afterburner Rear Clusters

Right folks was very dissapointed today when i finally got round to ordering the afterburner rear clusters for my mk1 16v, only to find out they dont make them anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gutted :(

WHATS UP WITH THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Anyhow i still want a pair and wonder if anyone knows of somewhere i can get them other than quadconversions.com, cause they dont make them anymore.

The ones i wanted were the ones with the L.E.D lights but i can remember seeing a pair without the L.E.D lights somewhere that looked pretty sweet aswell.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Andrew

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

WOOOHOOOO!! they dont make them anymore!! (sorry, i bought some a few week back on ebay.. the LED ones) Should be on my car tomorrow!

Good luck finding them

BMW 320d Sport

Hmmm dont know. I got a set off them last Spring which are about to go on, two red LED rings in each unit plus either a foglight or reversing light. I thought they still sold them, but they werent that keen to make them when I ordered them I seem to remember.

The only other place that made those style of rear lights was Prima and that was in the 90s mate! You definitely cant buy them any more.

To be honest though, the old afterburners werent that good value for money. not that good build quality really, they are just a plastic shell with mouldings to take the three lamp units.

If youre handy with fibreglass, your best bet is to make your own, seriously. You can now get all the lamp units, LEDs whatever you want, out of the Demon Tweeks catalogue, the red motorsport one. Theyre made by Hella. Then all you have to do is build your cluster and set the lighting units into it.

Ive been looking on ebay quite a lot but only find those damn lexus lights.

Is it just me or are those light absolutely everywhere these days?

Quote: Originally posted by Nick Read on 06 April 2004

Hmmm dont know. I got a set off them last Spring which are about to go on, two red LED rings in each unit plus either a foglight or reversing light. I thought they still sold them, but they werent that keen to make them when I ordered them I seem to remember.

The only other place that made those style of rear lights was Prima and that was in the 90s mate! You definitely cant buy them any more.

To be honest though, the old afterburners werent that good value for money. not that good build quality really, they are just a plastic shell with mouldings to take the three lamp units.

If youre handy with fibreglass, your best bet is to make your own, seriously. You can now get all the lamp units, LEDs whatever you want, out of the Demon Tweeks catalogue, the red motorsport one. Theyre made by Hella. Then all you have to do is build your cluster and set the lighting units into it.
Now theres a challenge :) lol

I remain ever hopeful ill get some.

Been after them for ages, thought id better get the finger out though when the site said they were down to their final pair. Got a nice e-mail back though saying they had none left!!

Is that not false advertising? hhmmmmmmmmmmmm ;)

£350!!? :eek: PMSL!!

Id say them running out is the best thing that ever happened to you mate!! ;)

Buy yourself some second hand standard clusters for fnck all and use them make your own led setup!!

BMW 320d Sport

LOL Ben you cheapskate. Look at the state of your motor and the ideas youve had for it. You of all people should know you cant put a price on rare mods that no-one else but you and maybe a couple of other people have got..

Hence the reason I never bought Lexus rear clusters, cos everyones got them. Afterburners were always rare and always will be.

Dont prima still do their ones? I know quadconversion stopped but fairly sure prima do or did sets too.....

ive never been keen on the lexus ones cause you see them absolutely everywhere and not just on clio but every car imaginable.

will check out prime, cheers mate

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Cathro_16v on 06 April 2004

lol cheers guys, think ill keep looking though :)

but ill keep the idea in mind, always fancied a unique set
look on the RX7 Forum....(Look 4 rotorstock in yahoo) A guy on there has made his own led lihts for 50 quid