ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aftermarket head unit causing potential interior lighting problems?

Renault Master
Hello I have now got my next project that needs a few things sorted. I have no interior lights working and the car has an aftermarket head unit. I noticed the interior light on the roof was disconnected I connected this and heard a fuse pop. Anyways I was wondering if these things are related as I am sure I have read about head units having 2 separate fuses etc. I’ve had a search on a few things but seem to get the impression that there could be a few different issues. Thanks

Sean

Mk2 1.2 Campus
Have you tried a replacement interior light unit? They’re cheap and might solve the problem if there’s an issue inside the unit

Renault Master
Hi David thanks for the reply, the interior lights was unplugged when I checked so I plugged it back in and I heard a fuse pop. So maybe a wiring fault I was just trying so rule out a few possibilities.