ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aftermarket Headunit with Factory Fit Sat Nav

Is their an aftermarket headunit that won't affect the following;

Steering Wheel Controls
Factory Fit Sat Nav - The sat nav screen also displays the radio information etc.

I know there are headunits available that allow integration with the steering wheel controls (Alpine?) but what about with the sat nav?

Cheers

Listerine & Poledo
Can a small tomtom or garmin fit in the cubby hole where the nav would normally go?

Probably, but it won't particularly look good.

I'm not bothered about having the sat nav (it does looks cool though) but i don't want to pull it out for the sake of a new headunit.

Looks like i'm stuck with the standard one.

Listerine & Poledo
If you want more connectivity etc get one of the Parrott car kits that also does iPods.

The one I used to have also had its own amp, which was better than what the Golf could manage

It's not connectivity i'm after. I've got ipod connectivity through the standard unit.

I'm just sick of having poor quality music through the speakers. I was hoping to upgrade the headunit then upgrade the speakers.

I'm gutted with the prospect of having to either pull the nav out or live with it!!

renault clio 172
I run a sony headunit, and i have the steering wheel controls, you dont loose the satnav....mine works perfectly

Listerine & Poledo
You could always run an amp from a speak-level connection.

May not be the last word in quality, but, well, horses for courses