ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aftermarket immobiliser options for 172 mk2

mumpy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio II RS 172
Hi all,

I would like to fit an aftermarket immobiliser for my 172 mk2. What do other people use and recommend these days?

Thanks!

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Are you still on original engine ecu and uch? If yes, the oem immob is not easy to bypass so not worth the hassle.

If on standalone ecu a hidden switch on the power to ecu or fuel pump will probably be sufficient

mumpy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio II RS 172
Yeah original ecu and all. Thanks, I will look into a killswitch solution.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Wouldnt bother with killswitch on oem ecu.

Diskloc is usually a good deterrent if your worried.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Are you still on original engine ecu and uch? If yes, the oem immob is not easy to bypass so not worth the hassle.

If on standalone ecu a hidden switch on the power to ecu or fuel pump will probably be sufficient

Didn't take whoever took mine years ago that long at all so I disagree with that statement.

All std factory immobiliser systems are s**t and easy to bypass, every car should fit additional security imo.

Everyone thinks "it will never happen to me" I thought that too, owned mine from new for 12 years and would still have it today possibly if some c**t hadn't managed to bypass mine!

Disklok is a good additional option

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
If original clio ph2 key were so easy to bypass then nobody would be struggling with red immobiliser light of doom on the dash :LOL: prove me wrong on this one but there is no easy trick to get them away, ph1 can be done but apart from that you need an emulator for ph2.

I doubt anybody is carrying the gear about to take a 172 these days when any ford or bm is easier nick and higher rewards.

If they want it they will usually just drag it onto a truck and offski.

mumpy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio II RS 172
Thanks guys for the Disklok suggestion, I actually just popped down to the local Halfords and got one for the car.

I used to own a Honda CR-X del sol and that was stolen so I am trying to prevent that from happening again.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Disklok deters most drive away criminals.

The storage case is worth buying to stop it flying all over the car, cant remember if you get it with it.

mumpy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio II RS 172
Disklok deters most drive away criminals.

The storage case is worth buying to stop it flying all over the car, cant remember if you get it with it.
Ah that makes sense yeah, I will buy it separately as it is not included.