ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LSD options

16v
Hi guys looking to get an LSD.

The blackline ones are around £700 and the quaife is about £1,100.

Are there any other options? Is it actually worth the additional for the quaife

Does anyone have a good condition LSD for sale for either a mk1 or mk2 clio please?

Cheers all

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Hi guys looking to get an LSD.

The blackline ones are around £700 and the quaife is about £1,100.

Are there any other options? Is it actually worth the additional for the quaife

Does anyone have a good condition LSD for sale for either a mk1 or mk2 clio please?

Cheers all
What are you using the car for?

16v
Fast road use - want to limit torque steer

Definitely want to get an LSD but would rather but a good used if they come up for sale

Anakin

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi TT RS Clio 182
I have spoken to a some members who have had a Blackline fitted on track, loving it, it would seem. My Clutch gave way that same day, I have bought a Blackline LSD from matt lewis racing. £740 delivered to @NorthloopCup who is fitting it to a reconbox for me. It will be cheaper than any secondhand quaife gearbox that I have seen on here in 2 years.
Blackiline LSD is £400+ cheaper than a Quaife or £1000 cheaper than a Gripper, which although maybe better seemed like building more expense into my "cheap" trackday toy.
Very excited to go play with it at oulton park.

Tarticmonkey

ClioSport Club Member
  CLIO 197 CUP,
If you're doing track stuff would people say blackline is or spend the extra for gripper?

Car is a 197 CUP but has a 200 box.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
If you're doing track stuff would people say blackline is or spend the extra for gripper?

Car is a 197 CUP but has a 200 box.
If you're racing get a gripper - more a necessity if your competitor has one - but an LSD is more than good enough for general track days.

I've only ever had a Quaife diff but I would definitely try a Blackline, should i need one, especially based on the positive feedback

Tarticmonkey

ClioSport Club Member
  CLIO 197 CUP,
Have you had any issues with the gripper then? Or are you referring to the service intervals they need?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Have you had any issues with the gripper then? Or are you referring to the service intervals they need?
Lots of issues. I’ve done 3 track days since it was fitted and when it’s working it’s biblical! But all of the adjustments I’m having to make (well, not me, I pay someone 😂) is getting silly now. Of those 3 track days it’s had to go back to the garage 3 times.
I’ve not even had it a year to do the first service on it yet!

Tarticmonkey

ClioSport Club Member
  CLIO 197 CUP,
Bloody hell :(. That is less than ideal! What kind of adjustments are needing to make?

Heard from a few others who have been able to fit and forget their grippers but perhaps they have been lucky!

EthanMenace

ClioSport Club Member
  2010 Clio 200 Cup
I’ve run a gripper in my 200 for something like 15 trackdays driving to and from tracks with no issues at all. Not done any servicing so far.

I love it and i’m glad I spent the extra for one personally.

Clio 172 cup 300bhp
I have a gripper in my dedicated track car. Trailered to and from the track.

If I was to have my time again, I’d fit a Quaife. Cheaper, less aggro and you can fit and forget.
I agree with this my Clio has a 1.8turbo 20valve and the matching VW box fitted but the quaife easily copes with 300bhp and 400nm torque. Gripper are A lot more and need servicing every year! If fast road etc and occasional track is definitely get a blackline