ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aftermarket Steering Wheel now with Cruise Control :)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
After recently buying a Trophy i have realised how much i have missed cruise control on the V6 - i fitted my vee is with a small aftermarket wheel with quick release 4 years ago due to not liking the bus size standard unit. Therefore had a few hours spare today and came up with this:

wheel1.gif

wheel2.jpg

wheel3.gif

wheel4.jpg

Not sure if this mod has been done before? Not to difficult and i have not modified the original switches at all and could therefore be returned to a standard wheel.

The only unreversible modification so far is drilling 2 holes into the back of the wheel but a small sacrifice i guess.

I know the switches have been swapped from side to side but due to keeping the oem look i wanted the switches to curve with the wheel.

Now just need to wire it all up :)

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Thays looks pretty good its something ive been thinking if its possi le or not because i want to change the wheel but not loose cruise control

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Thanks chaps.

Quite easy to do and took a couple of hours.

Only parts used was a cut up number plate, 4 cable ties, 6 washers and 2 large self tap screws.

Tools used - angle griner, drill, screwdriver with philips and torq bit.

LEXUS LS400
Excellent job.... I was only thinking when out driving today that it would be handy if the c/c buttons were round the other way

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Thanks everyone.

Amnesia they had to go that way around as that was the only way they looked right.