ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ahhhhh..... Life of a 182 owner...

Well.... Had my car just shy of 12 months now, a 2004 Arctic 182.

Now to be honest, Im quite a sensible, conservative and courteous driver, and never really walloped my 182, in fact never wallop any of my cars.

But today...

I'd forgotten all that the 182 is... Its a lovley day here in Leicester, So I decided to go for a drive out as im not at work.

found some nice empty country lanes and give it a good six of the best trousers down style driving! and wow.... love it! all over again! fun really does begin at 5000!!! and as for the bends.... RAAA!! great fun!!

anyway.... just had to share as i'm still grinning!!!

oh and PS....

JUST IN CASE theres any chavs looking in.... I'll tranlsate the above Queens English for you....

""yea man.... rappppped up maccy deees innit, raffed a bur-gah an wen aaaht forra rip. sen a well qua-lee-teh corsahhh wiv lards a fin on da bak! gunna get wun! it wus da pumpin dahhn the set.

frit all da cahs in da feildz wiv ma laaaad poppin pipez on da lanez!

but ma still smillin-jak! luvin it!

nah weres ma rum an black!?

Respec!""

Drive safe

Regards

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The 182 makes me smile simply because it's so random in terms of how it goes. Some mornings it's like a grumpy old b*****d that doesn't want to move and then on others, it's like its on 199-octane juice and just sticks to the road like sh1t-to-a-blanket.

I love it for that - a great car. :cool:

D.

Tungy
I followed a 182 in Leicester this morning but it was Racinf blue. not sure if it was anyone off here? Can't remember the reg. About 7:25 am heading from Wigston towards the M1.

Golf GTD
Nebdingo said:
""yea man.... rappppped up maccy deees innit, raffed a bur-gah an wen aaaht forra rip. sen a well qua-lee-teh corsahhh wiv lards a fin on da bak! gunna get wun! it wus da pumpin dahhn the set.

frit all da cahs in da feildz wiv ma laaaad poppin pipez on da lanez!

but ma still smillin-jak! luvin it!

nah weres ma rum an black!?

Respec!""

finally...a post i can understand :clown:

LY 200
Im quite sensible and usually drive the car normally but id say it wouldnt be worth having the 182 if i wasnt willing to let it see the full rev range every so often.......Its just hit 18k and i get the feeling its quicker than its getting even better!!!

Clio 172 mk2
Good cars these Clios....reasonably economical and quiet cruising but so much fun when you get your boot in:D

16v
You should get your car remapped and with the rev limited raised you will never want to be under 5000rpm again.........

Everyone should take their rs's to at leat a track day and give it the beans.

I aim to hit the rev limiter everytime I drive my Trophy. I want to make sure the people behind get a good noseful of unburned fuel going through my exhaust as I brake down for corners!!! :D