ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ahhhhh.... upgrades.....

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
This little lot should make a difference on the next track day :)

Updates.jpg

LY FF182
Decat will just make it louder and more likely to ping a db meter. Those wheels don't look great for keeping brakes cool but the tyres are very good. And the whiteline is a good upgrade too!

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I hear conflicting things about the decat pipe - some people say it gives better response and a few more bhp, some say it just improves the responsiveness, some say it does nothing for performance at all.

Everyone agrees it will be noisier :) I'd be surprised if a Milltek with the silencers still intact troubled a noise meter even with a decat though?

The wheels are such a classic design I couldn't pass them up. As for brake cooling they're well proven in competition so hopefully won't be a problem.

LY FF182
I just see a lot of metal and not much space for air to get through so just think it won't help the brakes. The decat, I actually get better performance out of mine with the standard cat in place! However with a miltek I'd be surprised to see you flagging noise meters

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I see where you're coming from there for sure. They're rally/autocross wheels really so are designed to keep stones out of the brakes while still offering plenty of cooling. The previous owner tracked his cup with them on so I should be fine.

The angle of the original pic probably didn't help as it makes the holes look smaller and you can't see the dish that clearly. This gives a better idea:
image.jpg

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, those are the ones.

Finally got the decat and ARB fitted yesterday. The decat seems pretty good, feels like I've lost a tiny bit of low down grunt but gained an equally tiny bit at the top end which I'm happy with. It's definitely improved the sound, I think the word is "fruitier" ;)

The Whiteline ARB is just great. I understand why people rate them so much now. It's on the soft setting at the moment and it's dialled out a ton of understeer - the car feels a lot more direct and "pointy" but not at all unstable or twitchy.

Now to stick the 98RON map on it :D

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Where does one get a whiteline anti roll bar from ? sounds like a nice upgrade.