ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air bag and service lights

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Usual sounding question but perhaps not the usual fault - had the Air bag and serv light come on from time to time but now they are on permanently.
I tried the plugs under the seats, seems someones already had this issue as some wires have been cut and soldered.
Any way I had a look at the plugs and have made sure they are tight so that seems all good but I still have the warning lights though.
I popped the airbag out of the wheel and did the 3.9ohm resistor trick in the two green and orange plugs for the airbag - the light went away for a little while but its back on again now. I've checked the resistors and they are in good and tight, so only thing left is the squib (squid ring haha) ring is it not?

Bare in mind I did strip most things back and took the wheel off giving everything a good WD40'ing and making sure its tight and well plugged in but didnt I take the squib ring out or the ribbon cables.

Any advice is most welcome, I'm hoping I can sort this easily otherwise its a trip to someone with a clip or decent diagnostics who can turn off the various items so the light wont be constantly on. Also my cheap diagnostics thing isnt bringing up a fault code but then thats probably usual

02 Clio 172
Had the same problem with my mates 172 after we changed his wheel for an OMP one. Took it to Renault and they said the steering angle sensor (the flat plastic thing that sits between the wheel and squib) was screwed and they wanted £370+vat for a new one and calibration. Jokers!! No way we were paying that, so we took the dash apart and blanked off the lights in the clocks. Fiddley job, but the lights are gone.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
thing is though thats not going to pass the new MOT regulations, does the squib ring have to be from a sport or will a non sport model fit?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
You could buy an rs tuner and airbag module code for it and then disable the fault that way.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Have to find out the going price on one of those, or would someone mind me coming to use there so the job can be done? In exchange for money/beer or whatever obviously

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Have to find out the going price on one of those, or would someone mind me coming to use there so the job can be done? In exchange for money/beer or whatever obviously

Shame your so far away from me.

You would be looking at around £75-£100 for the rs tuner box 2nd hand on here and I think its €29 for the airbag module of fastchip.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Don't mind paying that much but Surely someone near ish to me has one?

Thanks for the offer though just a bit too far for me