ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air bag + serv light

Clio dynamique
I fully understand this has been asked before, I just can't find a recent enough thread too ask these questions on, I have my mot in 3 weeks, so I need too turn the air bag light off, just a temp fix as I'm getting all the work done properly after the mot, I just financially can't rn plus I require my car daily for my job, it's a 1.2 dynamique, 2003, what's the best way too approach it? Cut that wire 7 pm the air bag ecu? It's had mixed results as far as I'm aware, tape over the light, if so how do I remove that plastic window thing covering the lights? Or resistors which wires do they go on and what resistance?

My car was hit whilst in a car park by someone, who then didn't leave any contact details, and I didn't want too claim on my insurance as I'm young and literary a month away from getting a years no claims.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Has an airbag has fired? If so you will need to get the airbag ecu reset, don’t go cutting wires (the light will go on if the airbag ecu is missing). You can get them reset on eBay or buy a working second hand one.

Then just need to sort the fired airbag out.

Clio dynamique
Has an airbag has fired? If so you will need to get the airbag ecu reset, don’t go cutting wires (the light will go on if the airbag ecu is missing). You can get them reset on eBay or buy a working second hand one.

Then just need to sort the fired airbag out.
As far as I'm aware no air bag has fired, nothing has come out, so unless it fired and didn't actually work properly?

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
When you say it was hit, were you driving and the light came on?

these cars are really sensitive to the plugs under the seats causing issue and that’s where I’d check. Take a look under the seats and you’ll see a couple of plugs, try taking them apart and cleaning the connections.

My car used to bring the lights on if someone moved the seat, was enough to upset the wiring under there.

Have a go, if it works it’ll reset the next time you start the car.

Clio dynamique
When you say it was hit, were you driving and the light came on?

these cars are really sensitive to the plugs under the seats causing issue and that’s where I’d check. Take a look under the seats and you’ll see a couple of plugs, try taking them apart and cleaning the connections.

My car used to bring the lights on if someone moved the seat, was enough to upset the wiring under there.

Have a go, if it works it’ll reset the next time you start the car.

Aye, already done that mate, I've soldered them together, it then went off and came on again at a later date, the car was parked and off when hit, which either means the air bag light coming on is a coincidence? Or the car tried deploy them without power? Not too sure how it works ngl