ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air con keeps cutting in and out

Titanium Clio 182
An unusual one but I think its due to overheating. I had my car charged up at kwik fit two weeks ago, air con was ice cold after the charge but its been losing its coldness as the weeks have gone by.

I had a look just now and in the picture below the top pipe goes cold and the smaller pipe below becomes that hot, you have to leave go. The Temp in the car keeps falling until the big fan at the front of the car kicks in. Then the temp from the vents start to increase and the lower pipe losses most of its heat and becomes Luke warn.

95fe330f-0b03-e7b9.jpg

Once the fan stops, the to pipe gets a little cooler and the bottom pipe stats heating up. This is a continuous cycle.

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Sent using tapatalk for android

Titanium Clio 182
I have read that the cooling fan is two speed and obviously if that isn't running then its not cooling and hence the bottom pipe which is getting hot is because of the fan.

The fan does come on but only in fast. Should the fan come on in slow speed when the a/v is turned on. Can someone try this for me. Hopefully its just the cooling fan which is buggered.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

pb ph2 172
the large pipe is the low pressure side and the thin pipe is the high pressure side its meant to be hot
either you have a leak and its not got enough gas to keep the presure in the system up to keep it working
or the sensor on the condensor has failed
but most likely it got to much gas in the system and bulds up to much pressure so the system cuts out to protect itself

Titanium Clio 182
1f62f53e-4c3e-de9e.jpg
Found the problem, the resistor had rotten, which powers the cooling fan which should run slowly as soon as the a/v is switched on.

Anyway I'm going to do a quick solder repair. Will let you know if it fixes it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Titanium Clio 182
Solder wouldn't stick, so ordering a new part hopefully from parts gateway or ebay!