ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Con Pressure and Fuel Vapour Canister DTCs

I have a couple of ECM faults I'd like to get rid of. Clio 182.

One is A/C pressure. The Air Con kit has been removed, but the pressure sensor plug is just hanging. Is there a resistor that I can use?

Secondly, when I removed the fuel vapour canister I kept the purge solenoid plugged in and 'securely' cable tied to prevent it throwing up a fault.
Unfortunately it wasn't that secure and during my last trackday it managed to get torn off along with the plug, so I just have the two wires.
I have stuck them independently into a terminal block, but this throws up 2 Canister faults. Again is there a resistor I can use to bridge them out?

Many thanks,
Andy

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Use a resistor on the carbon canister purge valve wiring. 23 ohm rings a bell, buy one with a heatsink on from rs components.

Many thanks for that @Brigsy
I will order that resistor for the canister wiring immediately.

The AC fault doesn't bring up the fault light on the dash, it just comes up on my RSTuner ( a very recent acquisition ).
I thought I'd try to clear as many faults as possible before applying a mild re-map. Mainly so I could see if the map caused any issues.
Seeing as I know the ac fault is there, and it doesn't bring the eml on, I could probably ignore that one.

Thank you for your help,
Andy

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Yep just ignore any dtc’s that dont trigger the eml/not related to the engine ecu. My old Kangoo had quite a few stored related to other stuff that was not fitted.

Just a quick update to say thanks.

With the resistor connected the DTCs changed to stored rather than live so I could erase them, and now I have no EML on the dash.

Next step is to install the new map, but I might wait until I've had a track outing so I can see what difference it makes.
I've made a few other changes, mainly new gear ratios, so really need to log the current performance before re-mapping.

Cheers, Andy