ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Con Pressure and Fuel Vapour Canister DTCs

banhama

ClioSport Club Member
I have a couple of ECM faults I'd like to get rid of. Clio 182.

One is A/C pressure. The Air Con kit has been removed, but the pressure sensor plug is just hanging. Is there a resistor that I can use?

Secondly, when I removed the fuel vapour canister I kept the purge solenoid plugged in and 'securely' cable tied to prevent it throwing up a fault.
Unfortunately it wasn't that secure and during my last trackday it managed to get torn off along with the plug, so I just have the two wires.
I have stuck them independently into a terminal block, but this throws up 2 Canister faults. Again is there a resistor I can use to bridge them out?

Many thanks,
Andy

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 172cup
Use a resistor on the carbon canister purge valve wiring. 23 ohm rings a bell, buy one with a heatsink on from rs components.

banhama

ClioSport Club Member
Many thanks for that @Brigsy
I will order that resistor for the canister wiring immediately.

The AC fault doesn't bring up the fault light on the dash, it just comes up on my RSTuner ( a very recent acquisition ).
I thought I'd try to clear as many faults as possible before applying a mild re-map. Mainly so I could see if the map caused any issues.
Seeing as I know the ac fault is there, and it doesn't bring the eml on, I could probably ignore that one.

Thank you for your help,
Andy

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Yeah ignore the AC fault.

Maybe just seal the plug up to prevent corrosion, that can cause issues on other Renault models, speaking from experience.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 172cup
Yep just ignore any dtc’s that dont trigger the eml/not related to the engine ecu. My old Kangoo had quite a few stored related to other stuff that was not fitted.

banhama

ClioSport Club Member
Just a quick update to say thanks.

With the resistor connected the DTCs changed to stored rather than live so I could erase them, and now I have no EML on the dash.

Next step is to install the new map, but I might wait until I've had a track outing so I can see what difference it makes.
I've made a few other changes, mainly new gear ratios, so really need to log the current performance before re-mapping.

Cheers, Andy