ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Con Regas....

BMW F21 125d
My air con is cold, but not freezing, hand numbing cold. So i'm thinking my air con just needs a re-gas, Asked Renault (as i was in there anyway getting a part) and they said £85 for a re-gas and that it should be done every 12 months ??!! Now i know i can get it done cheaper from an independant but whats the crack with having it done anually ? Do you's all think it just needs a re-gas ?

172 Race Car
Air con temperature will be different depending on the outside temperature. On a really hot/humid day it will not be as cold as on a colder day outside.

as for re-gas quite a few tyre centres are doing it now for £45 ish

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
There must be a mobile one around.Theres ones round here and he charges 50 quid.He goes round the car garages and the likes and does it out the back of a mercedes sprinter

SchwepTek™
How can you tell if it needs doing?

Mines coldish but no wear near ice cold like in the parents cars.

182 aircon is pretty poor to be fair, but at full blast on min temp should have your hands numb pretty quick

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
When i got my 172 i got it done under warranty as it was poor.When i got it back it was almost uncomfortable on the coldest setting,so i could feel the difference

IIRC, kwik fit had an offer on recently for a £45 regas, and if u didn't feel the difference, you didn't have to pay!

suppose u could go, get it done, then claim u felt no difference? ;)

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I'm thinking of doing this, but would the weather stay like this to be worth it?

I think mine needs doing. Luckily, a mate works saturdays at the local Ford dealer, will do it for free if I get there early before everyone turns up. Result!!

I'm thinking of doing this, but would the weather stay like this to be worth it?
May aswell get it done anyway tbh. Even when your not using your a/c your meant to give it a proper run through once a week anyway to keep it in the best possible condition.

BMW F21 125d
with climate on the FF anyway, it uses the air con all the time when you use the window de-mist, so it should remain in tip top condition (unless theres a leak) I'm going to get mine done, been told of a mobile guy that does it out the back of a van, so will give him a call. As part of the re-gas is to check system for leaks etc and measure temperatures as mentioned in the earlier kwik-s**t posts...

b/g 182, meg tourer
just read my coupon on it. it actually says £25 for ixtar cleasing. so i dont actually think that will include a re-gas will it?

Megane 225
IIRC, kwik fit had an offer on recently for a £45 regas, and if u didn't feel the difference, you didn't have to pay!

I notice they say while you wait. It takes a good few hours to do it properly as you're meant to use a vaccum pump and put the whole system in vaccum b4 you recharge! I had a mate do mine and we left the pump on overnight!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member

I notice they say while you wait. It takes a good few hours to do it properly as you're meant to use a vaccum pump and put the whole system in vaccum b4 you recharge! I had a mate do mine and we left the pump on overnight!

Lol you meant to do it for at least 30 mins all night is way to excessive.