ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air con stopped getting cold!!!!!

None
I know this has been covered so many times but i read most of the posts and didn't really find an answer so here goes......
last thursday air con got nice and cold when i was out for a drive......haven't driven it till today and there is no cold air coming through, i have removed the pollen filter and the aircon matrix doesn't get cold now nor do the pipes leading to it.
i found the pollen filter had never been changed because it still had original date on it so i'm assuming aircon might never have never been charged either and my car in an 04 but my question is would the system suddenly stop getting cold overnight if it detected low pressure in the system or would it fade out over time?......also i have noticed a musty smell when i used it up to now, i have only had the car five weeks and i'll probably be able to get it sorted under warranty but if a regass would work then i'll sort it myself......any advice would be greatly appreciated guys.....got the west yorkshire meet tomorrow too so i guess it'll be windows down all the way :(

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
The system needs to be flushed, cleaned and regassed along with replacing all the filters. Musty smell is telltale signs that the system has never been touched.

None
ok cheers, just bought some air con cleaner and a bottle of regass from halfords, just got back from a long drive and the aircon did seem to work a bit so might just need the gas....i hope

None
realized today that the aircon doesn't seem to be turning on in the engine bay or "clicking" on as some say, does this mean the relay has blown?.....if so does anyone know which relay it is please?......oh and i did the re-gas with the halfords kit but even when presurised it still didn't come cold.....also used the air con cleaner thing too, that worked amazing for the musty smell i had.