ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air conditioning

Hiya guys, while my piperx filter and exhaust are on their way can anyone talk me through setting up a simple cold air feed to my air-box. i.e. what do i remove/install?

Parts should be here for the weekend so i may begin the next phase in the transition of my vehicle :)

O and by the way i just got my membership through so hope to see my impressive 2 stars dotted about...

Come on guys a little help please....pretty sure some of you will have done this on your mk1s.

Also a little welcome wouldnt go a miss :(

hehe hey hun they obviously just havent seen the post fella :)

welcome to the memberhoodism hehehe!!

what exhaust did you get in the end then?

cant answer your question im afraid havent really got a clue but thought i would say a warm welcome to the mad house

Vix :)

I think most people just rip out the airbox and see what space they have left. A lot of people have removed the near side fog light and put an intake there, but theres arguments about wether this lets water in etc. Is it a closed system IK or an open cone?

Hehe thanks Vix, nice to see someone cares (sobs!) Nah its cool, hopefully get some response soon.

Ive got a piper stainless on the way. Was going to got for the oval but opted for the 3.5" inwardly rolled in the end. Think thats the same as what you have? Got it for about £140 in the end which is not to bad.

Once thats on and the waether pics up of course i will get some pics up.

Yugguy its just a replacement filter ive got. Was told however i could rig up a cold air feed to see some slight gains. Not too keen on removing a fog if it can be helped...

Hehe :)

Oh nice one yeah that is the same! will sound nice they have a lovely tone to them and burble like a goodun hehe :)

yeah thats a good price fella

hehe coolio will look forward to seeing it then

Vix :)