ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

air filter 172 exclusive

clio 172 exclusive n
not gonna bother with an induction kit but wanna change the air filter does any1 know if its a panel filter or the round cylinder in the 172 exclusive?? many thanks in advance

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Don't need to open the box, if it's sqaure it the sqaure type, if it's a cylinder shape it's the cylinder one, pretty sure PH1's are cylinder.

Iceburg 172FF
you could tell by the shape of the airbox usually couldnt you? just need a torx driver to get the top off the airbox anyway

clio 172 exclusive n
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COLD-AIR-FEED...ryZ72205QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

just bought this in 80mm x 1m

need some advice

i have also bought a new filter so looking at getting some more air to it

at mo my cold air feeds seem to come from behind passenger wheel,

are there 2 air feeds on the ph1 172?? ie another one on front of car and the behind the wheel??

or just the one behind the wheel??

if its just the one behind the wheel would i be best keeping it the same way just use bigger ducting for more air??
or
taking it to grill like ive seen on here (yes i did search) lol
or
leaving the one behind wheel get a 2 way joiner and add one to the grill as well as having standard one behind wheel :)

if youre saying take it to the grill then will 1m be enough?? erh i hope so lol

thanks

clio 172 exclusive n
ps
garage will be doing it hes good with cars just need to tell him where i want it ran to etc

thanks

phase 1 172
do a search on here a couple have done really good guides on the feeds for the phase 1

the two pipes can be fed to the mini grill under the headlight (left) you will need to remove the bumber if you want to do a proper job and cut away a bit of plastic which affects the air flow