ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

air filter or induction kit??

Renaultsport Clio 197
hi all,

what would you guys recommend fitting - replacement performance air filter, or induction kit??

cheers.

Looking for a ph-quick...
Replacement filter as its gettin warmer, Induction kits although they sound great will just cause heat sink.

Tin Can with wheels
hey,

If your after performance then induction kit. I found the induction kit increase the
throttle response and shaper acceleration, also you will have a deeper engine note when booting about.

Regards

scirocco r
i have a applo k&n kit on my clio197 it sounds the dogs and seems to pick up a bit better.
this is a pic off the kit on the car.
dsc01301tb2.th.jpg

P

Paul Common 666

Ive just fit a BMC CDA to mine, sounds lovely and it gives a slight increase in performance, not much tho! Get a closed air one with a cold air feed tho! If you were thinkin of k&n's and the like you may aswell just get a panel filter!

Renaultsport Clio 197
thanks for the help guys, still considering the options, i had an induction kit on my last two cars, but i had read that panel filters work better 'cos of the induction kit taking in the heat from the engine, and i wanna go more for performance than "just noise" this time around.

medici999 i've pm'd you ref. your viper.

Clio 172 mk2
K&Ns are good along with Green and ITG

I've got a Green panel in my 172 which is pretty similar to the K&N....I chose it due to reccomendations from friends who run/tune Subarus and use them frequently without problems.

Also cheaper than ITG:D

Polo + Micra
get a bmc cda like this ;)

you're not suddenly going to get colder air if you only get a panel filter + the oem induction setup on the 1.6 is really bad

Renaultsport Clio 197
anyone got a part number for the BMC?
i havn't got a lot of money at the min tbh, aren't they 'bout £200 or summit?

Racing Blue 182
I had a powertec induction kit, got rid of it, the noise was good but the engine just didnt feel the same, wasn't as responsive and felt a lot looser (if that makes sense). Ive now got a ITG panel and would highly recommend and will actually save you £££'s over the years.

Renaultsport Clio 197
thanks for the help guys,

think i've got my heart set on a bmc cda now, that kit seems to be the best value for money.