ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Filters. Which One????

O4 Dynamique
Right i need someone to help me with this,

im looking into buy an uprated air filter for my 04 Mk2 Ph2 and was just wondering does it have to be a panel filter or can i get a normal 'cone' shaped one, if so which one?? where does it fit to?? and how much are they??

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
You can get a induction kit "cone one" which will replace the airbox or a panel filter replacing the original filter in the box i would go with a panel filter.

Price depends on which one you want but if you want a induction kit i would go with a bmc or vier typre kit with a cold air feed.

1.2 16v
i agree cheap induction kits are bad news, many people complain of power loss and will be even worse in the summer months due to the extra heat. my panel has made a slight improovement but done expect so see much bhp gain exen if you splash big on a forced air system

I got a pipercross induction kit and it was fitted at r-tec for £110.
iv got a mk2 ph2 and iv done 9.9sec 0-60 since

Evo 6, E92 320d
ive noticed a lack of power in the warmer weather with my k and n, especially wen the cars been left in the sun and the engine bay has heated

clio 182 sport
just had mine induction done down prospeed cardiff it sounds awesum has a stainless exhaust aswel makes a difference

1.2 16v
no offence mate, with a completely standard car only an induction kit, 1.2 16v the only way you went from 0-60 in under ten seconds is if you counted the seconds in your head or went down a hill, a 1.6 16v is doing it in just over nine seconds...

Mk1 RT + F7p + 172 Brakes
with most induction kits there may be slight gains to BHP (which is always a good thing lol) but the throttle responce should increase dramatically.

1.2 16v
id depends greatly on what induction system you have, the open cone filters tend to suffer from heat stroke and can cause power loss, however a closed system such as viper or hillpower should deliver more power as well as noise and thropttle response, i have however found that a panel filter has improoved the throttle response.

1.2 16v
:rasp:
rodders, no offence taken but here is 0-60 in 9.9 sec and you can time it ya-self.
it wasn,t going off a cliff or down hill either:rasp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxuVZ23Qstk
be afraid, be very afraid.. lol

hmmmmmm, well i must say, it seems that your first gear change is at the 30mph mark and 6000 rpm which seems a little better than my 1.2 16v, have you done anyother mods, i also see you fuel light is on, maybe you didnt want excess fuel weighing you down, and i see that you dipped lights are on, nightime? colder air? fair play though mate if that is a 1.2:cool:

P.S. id say its more like 10.1 not 9.9:rasp:

1.2 16v
i no, its a pain in the a*se changing up like 5mp below 60, however i think on performance graphs the power seems to peak at 5500 rpm i think, not too sure though