ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air intake Chipping and shift lights on 172

clio 172 mk 1
Hi, I need the definitive line on my 172 ph1 shift light, its driving me mad. I see the damn logo, but cant get it to light up when turning the key, even if i press the right hand computer stalk button, so i dont know if it works. Shall i just burn it to the limiter or is there another way?

Also people on here have talked about a chip/remap that lets the engine rev higher, is this a good idea on a standard clio?

Is there any air intake worth doing to increase performance and to a lesser extent sound (i dont mean loud BTW, just my clio is quiet as a mouse really).

Also what is the best suspension mod, new springs or just save up for something proper. If so what do I want, I dont want to make it super stiff as i dont think this is needed on a small car like the clio. What do others think.

thanks
alex

ph quick
Why dont you just rev it to the limiter then you will know? How can you own a car and not have ever done it....

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Some mk2 phase 1 172's dont have a shift light....

eibach or apex srings should do you nicely :)

jeez, my shift change light flashes at me almost every day as does the traction control & esp light. hope no-one from my insurance company is reading this...
Dont be afraid to rev it, thats what it's for..!

I find the Pipercross induction kit part No PK242 around £80 makes a nice deep throaty sound, that is until it hits around 5200 rpm; then it Growls like a bear sat in the back seat breathing hungrily down your neck..!
sounds great through tunnels & bridges etc & never fails to turn heads & put a grin on my face!
I think it increases fuel consumption slightly but that could be just me flooring it to get the grin...!