ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air intake question

My 182 has a K&N Apollo air filter - came like that when I bought it ( have original airbox also). It has a cold air feed, that appears to plumb back into an original plastic pipe that sits down below the passenger side headlight. Do I need that there, or can I do a better job on the cold air feed and put a new pipe in all the way down under the car ?

Or maybe reading some of the tests I am better off putting the original airbox back in with a decent panel filter inside it ?

I took the old CAD off when I fitted a k&n on the old car. It came with a new cold air feed so I just used that and directed one end underneath the car and the other end pointed at the filter.

I don't think there'll be any benefit with it behind the headlight as the filter won't be sucking air from down there anyway, unless its an enclosed one?

02 Iceberg 172
I think he hit the D key instead of the F key - should be CAF.

IMO you are better off with the standard airbox. My 172 had a BMC CDA on it when I bought it and out of interest I picked up a 2nd hand standard airbox cheap to try and put an ITG panel filter in it. With the standard airbox/panel filter the car had more torque and felt much better to drive - I have since sold the BMC CDA...