ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air intake

Red197

Thinking of geting a pipercross Viper filter for my Cup. I have noticed that a few people on Cliosport have the air intake in the front lower grill. Is this easy to do?

Clio 172mk2

on my 172 garage couldnt find a way to route the front intake to front of car.

but if some ones done this i wanna see pics of how they did it pls

you can run a pipe along the front of the car to the left hand side and use the original grill, no need to make a hole in the front of the car, just a bit of a whole in the back grill

Clio 172mk2

how do u get it round the radiator, because uni car couldnt find any way round it. does it matter that i have air con?

also i really like that engine cover. but do u have to take it off to top oil up

The original question was asked by a 172 cup owner, so i directed my answer to him, hence the mod is for a 172 cup

biojo, yes the cover has to be removed to fill the oil

182 Full Fat

So where does this pipe pick the ai up from? The front grille? Any pics of the front of it? I have a 182 so would probably struggle with space to duct this pipe round/

Any 182 owners done this?

Suzuki SV650

My cold air feed goes from the front lower grille (passenger side of grille) up to where the horn is then up to the induction kit.. mine has aircon and everything, so the garage either couldnt be bothered or had their eyes closed.

182 Full Fat

Any phots SteveieP? Currently my air feed is scooped up undermeath the car, but I feel it would be better from front of car on lower grill like yours

Ive got part of the undertray missing on my mk2 172 (the bit that attaches to the underside of the front bumper). Ive been able to attach a piece of air ducting directly to one of the airbox pipes and down in front of the radiator to the grille. Seems to make a big difference, but I reset the ecu and chucked optimax in for the first time since i got the car at the same time, so maybe its a combined effect. Will get a pic in a bit.

To orientate yourself, imagine lying under the car, looking up with head under front bumper and feet towards rear of the car. Pretty easy to push onto the existing airbox hose.

On most cars that have never been subjected to a front end impact like mine has, there is a plastic undertray that will prevent you from accessing this point, but as its a Renault its probably all held together with a few simple press studs or something. Shouldnt be to much hassle to take off enough to get an airfeed on.

http://www.renaultsportclio.net/P1010003c.JPG

http://www.renaultsportclio.net/P1010006c.JPG