ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air recirculation

3 Series xdrive
Anyone know how to tell if this is stuck on? I would imagine there must be some sort of flap somewhere that opens and closes, anyone know how to get to it?

Cheers,
Daz.

3 Series xdrive
Any idea's on how i can get it off, even manually? there must be a vent/flap somehwre that needs opened/closed?

3 Series xdrive
can you hear anything change, e.g. air flow sounds different? when you turn it on/off

It does make a noise when i turn it on/off but im not sure if thats just the motor trying to open/close the vents or if they are actually opening/closing

3 Series xdrive
The air coming out of the vents sounds different when switched on or off.

ok, have just been out and had a play about with the recirc button and it doesnt appear to do anything when the recirculation is put on/off, can hear it trying to do something but the air doesnt change.

any idea's how i can fix this?

Cheers,
Daz

Clio 182
if you set the air to come out only at vents near the windscreen, and then switch between fresh and re-circulate, you can clearly hear the difference, the re-circulate seems to send more air through, or at least thats what it sounds like.

RB FF 182
Large difference can be heard when turning this on/off so it should be pretty obvious. I'd have no idea about where you could find the flap... Time for a Haynes manual... Lol

3 Series xdrive
anyone any idea's on how to locate the 'flap' or force it so that the recirculation is OFF??

172ph2
I don't think there's going to be a quick fix. Maybe remove the switch and probe the contacts, make sure it's working ok. Failing that I think it'll be dash board off time!

3 Series xdrive
anyone any idea's on how to get to the air recirculation flap? have spent hours searching the net and can find a guide for just about every other car other than a Clio? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
When you've got the blowers up at three or four (when you can really hear the air flowing out) is there no change in the sound they make when you press the re-circ button??

If the answer is yes, there is a change in sound, then it's working just fine. Have you tried just changing the pollen filter if it stinks?

3 Series xdrive
When you've got the blowers up at three or four (when you can really hear the air flowing out) is there no change in the sound they make when you press the re-circ button??

If the answer is yes, there is a change in sound, then it's working just fine. Have you tried just changing the pollen filter if it stinks?

No change in sound, stuck on closed, no fresh air.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Very nice. I'm not sure where it is if I'm totally honest. Best bet is to give someone like 519, Fred@BTM or JMS a call, and just ask them for a bit of info.

These guys will have taken whole aircon systems out before so will know where it is.

3 Series xdrive
Very nice. I'm not sure where it is if I'm totally honest. Best bet is to give someone like 519, Fred@BTM or JMS a call, and just ask them for a bit of info.

These guys will have taken whole aircon systems out before so will know where it is.

Thanks, its totally doin my nut in now as the windows keep steaming as its not getting any fresh air in, nighthmare.

3 Series xdrive
***FIXED***

I have finally located the recirc flap after hours of hunting this afternoon.

It can be accessed from 2 places, either by removing the driver side scuttle panel then the other little panel that is just clipped on under that you will see a piece of black plastic (It about 8 inches long if that) just slide it up/down (it kinda rotates right round) job done. no more steaming windows.

It can also be located from the drivers footwell area, on the right hand sid just stick your head under and then stick yiour hands up into the gap, have a fiddle around and u will find it no probs.

3 Series xdrive
***FIXED***

I have finally located the recirc flap after hours of hunting this afternoon.

It can be accessed from 2 places, either by removing the driver side scuttle panel then the other little panel that is just clipped on under that you will see a piece of black plastic (It about 8 inches long if that) just slide it up/down (it kinda rotates right round) job done. no more steaming windows.

It can also be located from the drivers footwell area, on the right hand sid just stick your head under and then stick yiour hands up into the gap, have a fiddle around and u will find it no probs.

Note: Everytime you turn the blowers on and off this will close/open the flap(so even if you dont use the re-circ button the flap is still being opened/closed everytime your swicth the blowers on/off) however mine was sticking half way so i just leave my blowers on all the time so it does not try and open/close the flap. When i get round to it i will disconnect the motor that moves it as its totally useless anyway.

Clio 1.2 16v
I have the same problem... Does anyone have pictures please... Or try to rephrase what you are saying, about the position of the flap and how to find it! Thanks!

Iceberg 172
If you take off the driver side scuttle cover/wiper cover, then the left hand rain cover (white clips hold it on the car) which sits under the windscreen and then place your hand down there (with the fan switched off!) you will feel the fan.
The recirculation cover flips over this when you switch it on, and then back when you switch it off (if it is working of course)

3 Series xdrive
If you take off the driver side scuttle cover/wiper cover, then the left hand rain cover (white clips hold it on the car) which sits under the windscreen and then place your hand down there (with the fan switched off!) you will feel the fan.
The recirculation cover flips over this when you switch it on, and then back when you switch it off (if it is working of course)

It can also be located from the drivers footwell area, on the right hand side just stick your head under and then stick your hands up into the gap, have a fiddle around and u will find it no probs.