ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air vents not blowing

Just come home from work and my air vents in my 172 are not blowing out any air despite the fan on the CC being up at it's highest. In fact it doesn't seem to make any difference whether the fan is on high or low, the temp setting is 16 or 24, the ac is on or off nothing comes out of any vent (windscreen, dash or foot). When I change the vents I can hear whirring behind the dash as if something is being moved but no air is coming from anywhere.

I'm sure this was working fine at lunchtime. Anyone got any ideas?

OK, I'll have to get it checked out. If I have the CC unit off and then turn it on should I hear a relay click? If so and I don't I guess that's a pretty good inidcator that it is the relay that's the problem.

Took it to an indepndant garage today and they tell me that all the signals are going into the rheostat but not coming out. To replace it is £163 inc fitting but there are not sure it will fix the problem. Anyone more technical than me know if this could be the likely problem?

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
A Rheostat is only £30, thats what i paid on my Valver when i had her. What car are we talking about here.

Could also be a melted plug into the heater control panel, did they check that?

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Should of gussed from you name really shouldnt i, dont know the price for the 172, but Rheostat's should last 10years iirc, get a second opinion

Megane 225+
Mine packed in yesterday
more help needed please
Done the basics - Fuses are all OK
Rheostat?
Relay?
How can I elimiante/test these?

RenaultSport clio V6
52Black172 said:
Just come home from work and my air vents in my 172 are not blowing out any air despite the fan on the CC being up at it's highest. In fact it doesn't seem to make any difference whether the fan is on high or low, the temp setting is 16 or 24, the ac is on or off nothing comes out of any vent (windscreen, dash or foot). When I change the vents I can hear whirring behind the dash as if something is being moved but no air is coming from anywhere.

I'm sure this was working fine at lunchtime. Anyone got any ideas?[/quot

I've got the same problem too. Just stopped driving down the road.

I've spoken to a mechanic, (Girlfriends dad) and he thought it was most likely the wiring to the blower fan.

Does anyone know where it is situated, behind dash, behind centre console???????????????????????

Clio 172 Ph2 in Silver
Can somebody confirm if there is just the one fanfor the blower? I've taken my scuttle pan off and removed the fan. I've checked the voltage from the wires going into the fan and it's shows 12V. If off it's 0V. I would assum it's the fan but what go me thinking is that this fan has only 2 cables going into it, (+ & -). So how does it get it's varable speed from? I'm now thinking it's the recirculation fan as I can see into the cabin. Any help would be great!

Also do you know what voltage should be going to the fan?

P.S it's a CC 172FF 2002

Megane 225+
Exactly the same, car & problem - see my pm.
I've got 12v everywhere seems to make no sense to me.

Matt Black can you get back to me on the Rheostat - cheers

Update on this. I got the rheostat replaced today and it did indeed fix the problem. It was just a shame it took them 6 weeks to get the part in!

Clio 172 Ph2 in Silver
Guy's I thought I'd give my update, thanks to Matt Black who supplied me with the Rheostat my car is now blowing air. I had the AC re-gased before this as a step to fix but now it's ice ice cold. I was told by the guy who filled these gas back up that renault only fill the system half full. He should know as he offers this service to the renault repair centre next door when there fully booked!

Again thanks for the advice.

Megane 225+
My update

Mine was sorted yesterday-at long last.

Same problem with the Rheostat.

Big thanks to Matt Black - now i know where to go every time.

cheers all