ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag ecu reprogram - RSTuner

Guys got a RSTuner with air bag module but it wont let me de-activate or re-lock the Airbag ECU.

Could it be because an air bag has deployed and therefore wont do it?

Thanks

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
If air bags have deployed the ecu locks and rs tuner won't touch it. The rs tuner is for very basic air bag work doesn't do everything

Lancia Integrale
I'm in the middle of ripping the airbag system out my car- will the airbag ECU need to stay In the car for the system to be de-activated via clip or re tuner

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I'm in the middle of ripping the airbag system out my car- will the airbag ECU need to stay In the car for the system to be de-activated via clip or re tuner

Yes, it needs to stay in and connected otherwise the dash light will stay lit

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Even once it has been reconfigured you will still need the SRS ECU connected to the CANBUS otherwise the clockset won't receive a signal and the warning light will be on (Which is an MOT failure)

If air bags have deployed the ecu locks and rs tuner won't touch it. The rs tuner is for very basic air bag work doesn't do everything

It can do most things, EXCEPT resetting crash data when the car was involved in a crash.(same as Clip tool)
Next months software release will have an easier to use interface as well.

Lancia Integrale
Even once it has been reconfigured you will still need the SRS ECU connected to the CANBUS otherwise the clockset won't receive a signal and the warning light will be on (Which is an MOT failure)

fair enough I will keep it hidden under dash somewhere :) at least the light will be out

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I have to run one in my car for this very reason even though it has no SRS units installed... the light is there and the car had them from factory so the light must function accordingly. Just comply mate

Since I've had it, but the seats had been swapped around a few times when I fished the history..

Today swapped my Phase 1 RS Seats onto Phase 2 DCi bases (without airbags and easily access to the rear seats with the higher lift forward handle), now matchs the Cup wiring (non airbag), wired up and made good all connections, resistors in the missing black plugs, the seat belt warning light now works and beeps when you pull away until you belt up, so the wiring for that must be ok, but the airbag light remains.. could be anything now but my money was the seats as the wiring was a mess and mostly not connected. Need to plug it in, clear all codes, then see what appears I guess :(