ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag Fault codes DF253 - DF252

Clio Sport 2003
Hi guys!

I have a clio sport 2003 model and I run some diagnostics because I have the serv and airbag lights on. The two faults I got are DF252 and DF253.
Here are some pics:

Airbag both faults.JPG
Airbag fault1.JPG
Airbag fault2.JPG

Does anyone know what is this exactly and if its easy to fix it?

I haven't change my car-battery since 2008, could it be the battery that's causing these faults?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I'm on the page that lemonnobby1 is heading to. Sounds like crash context data has been removed (which resets the module to default) and now it's looking for equipment that isn't installed.

Clio Sport 2003
Guys, thanks for replies!

I found this from "Little old me" a guy from another forum:

"OK DF253 is the rear seatbelt pre-tensioner has deployed, put a 3 Ohm resistor on it and the fault is gone."

But the truth also is that i bought an used ecu from exactly the same model as mine because mine was - i dont know why - broken. I never had a crash but maybe the one i bought had one. I have to ask the guy i bought it.

Clio Sport 2003
I had one that had gone dead just this week. Id just unplug them and reconfigure.

Is there any guide on how to reach them or how to do it? Maybe some pics?
Im a real noob with all of these...but im trying to learn a little bit now. :eek:
I got crazy when i went to official Renault here in Stockholm and they asked me 600£ just to change the airbag ecu and 220£ to change ONE xenon barb!!!
After that i decided to give it a try by myself! Until now it has cost me around 130£ - diagnostic tool with software and a used but working airbag ecu!

R5 GTT
Hmm I seem to have this issue on my 182 pop up this eve, been fine no issue for a few week's got in it today and airbag / serv light on, run renault clip and identical codes as per begining of this thread.

What and were do I install the 3 Ohm resistor? Anyone got some pic's

Cheers

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Haven't got any pics to hand but along each rear 1/4 will be a pair of wires, one blue and one brown from memory with a white plug on that clips into the rear belt inertia mechanism. Resistor need to go into the white plug across the two wires

You'll need to remove some of the plastic trims in the boot and follow the rear belt, once you see the mechanism reel it's pretty obvious