ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

airbag light and mot.

Ph2 172 Track Toy
Got an omp steering wheel and ive removed the standard seats so as you'd expect the airbag and serv lights are on.

Id read that having lights on is now an mot failure.

So ive simply broken the lights. Sounds a bit stupid I know but its just a cheap high mileage track car so im not bothered about stuff like that working.

Anyway my question is, will it pass an mot?

1.5 dci Expression
Quick reply is NO! If the vehicle is equipped with the waning light and airbags as standard, the light must illuminate when the ignition is switched on and then extinguish a few seconds after! Easier way would have been to put a resistor across the wires. There's a topic on this elsewhere on the forum!

they changed the mot stuff on the 20th of march again some stuff was removed, i know abs lights on doesnt fail a mot not sure about airbag, might be worth a search on vosa to find out

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
its now a failure it needs to light up run through its self checks and go out to pass an mot.

Clio 182 Cup
I have an airbag and serv light showing up, tried the wires under the seat fix and still no dice. I had a look at the airbag ECU and there was a little bit of old liquid kicking about but it didnt appear to have reached all the way into the ECU so i just cleaned it up and left it. Got my MOT tomorrow so ill let you guys know how it goes...

- Adam

Ph2 Clio 172
Airbag light being on is a failure as of Jan 1st 2013. I know, mine failed yesterday.

Removing the bulb is not a solution as, as people have said, it needs to illuminate and then go off.

If your car passes without a bulb, or with the airbag light on, then your MOT tester is not doing his job properly