ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag light on from taking the kids home?!

L-Y Clio 197 F1
Just had my 'check airbag' warning light pop up on the dash for no apparent reason other than I gave my niece and nephew and sister a lift home earlier. The kids are 3 and 7 and were messing around abit in the back, when I dropped them off I noticed the check airbag thing had popped up and now it won't go away. Anything they could of done to cause this :S?

I'm a complete lemon with cars but am I right in thinking there's not anything they could of done to set this off? It's going to be diagnosed on Wednesday but never had this error in all the time I've owned the car so.... wtf!? :/

L-Y Clio 197 F1
ah i see it now. Tried wiggling the cable abit. Error didn't disappear off the dash sadly :/ Either way it probably was those 2 little s**ts. I'll send my sister the bill when it gets sorted ^^ thanks chaps

clio 1.2 extreme
I get this this quite alot, have you tried wiggling the wires under both seats?
I find hitting them up against the seat does the trick

RB 182 FF
I get this this quite alot, have you tried wiggling the wires under both seats?
I find hitting them up against the seat does the trick

Exactly the same for me! Try wiggling all wires under both seats and mine goes off, hopefully it'll work for you! It's a common occurrence for me!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It'll be from moving the seats back and forward, the connectors they used for the pretensioner wiring were an absolute pile of s**t to put it frankly.

If wiggling the connectors doesn't work, you may have to take them off and solder/crimp the wires together instead.

Monaco - 172
Get this all the time. In fact when it first "fixed" itself was when a mate accidentally slammed my passenger door. As other have said it's to do with the connectors under the seat.

Suzuki Jimny
Get the same on my 200, dodgy connectors under the seats. you'd think they would have fixed it since the 172!

RS Clio 172 Cup
Had this issue with previous cars, soldered the 172 ones as soon as I had it. No problems since, just make sure you disconnect the battery before you begin :)