ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag light/wires under the seat

Ph2 Clio 172
Is there a permanent fix? My car has just failed the MOT because the tester moved the seat and now the light is on. If I'm lucky I can jiggle them and it will go off, but always seems to come back very soon.

Is there a way to fix them so they don't trigger the light? A proper fix would be preferable to yanking them out ans fitting resistors.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Get it to Rentech, let Mike plug his Clip system on it and see if he can turn the light out. Will still illuminate when the ignition is turned but then goes out after a few seconds like it should do.

Costs something like £48, If he cant turn it off he doesn't charge :) I don't know why people do anything else TBH !

Ph2 Clio 172
But that won't help if the next MOT tester moves the seat and tugs the wire again.

I can make it go out for free by fiddling with the wires, but its not a permanent fix. Can I bridge the wires to bypass the grey connection box?

Get it to Rentech, let Mike plug his Clip system on it and see if he can turn the light out. Will still illuminate when the ignition is turned but then goes out after a few seconds like it should do.

Costs something like £48, If he cant turn it off he doesn't charge :) I don't know why people do anything else TBH !

Really? you know of anywhere else that does that, Its to far away just to get it done though

Clio 182 Cup
Can I rewire the connection to bypass the grey plug thing? If so, which wires?

Yes just trace the wires going in/out of the plug, chop the plug out and solder the wires, dont forget to insulate them aswell.... oh and disconnect the battery 30minutes beforehand to be on the safe side...

​- Adam

Ph2 Clio 172
Surely resetting the code wont help if its caused by a dodgy connection. It will just come back on again the next time someone moves the seat?

Ph2 Clio 172
Yes just trace the wires going in/out of the plug, chop the plug out and solder the wires, dont forget to insulate them aswell.... oh and disconnect the battery 30minutes beforehand to be on the safe side...

​- Adam

Cheers

Do I need to do all the wires, or can I just do the airbag ones as thats all that is causing me issues?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Buy an RSTuner and the airbag module. Turn the lights off and sell on. You don't even need the activation code.