ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag Light

The airbag light keeps coming on on my dashboard, i'm pretty sure that it is linked to the passenger seat airbag as it only seems to happen once the passenger seat has been moved or sat on and it is probably just a loose connection as wiggling it seems to get the light to go off again, is this an easy fix/repair?

I had a search and there were lots of other posts but they seemed to imply that their light stayed on permanently, mine goes off after i wiggle the wires until the passenger seat gets moved again.

The SERV and AIRBAG lights come on its a common problem (almost every has it) its due to the wiring of the pretensioners going to an open circuit. Fiddle with the wires under the seat an the problem will go away.
On the early cars the solution is to look under each of the seats. You will see a grey connector.
On the passenger side disconnect it and cut the Blue and Brown wires off both sides. Then solder the Blue wire to blue, and the Brown to the other brown. Make sure you use insulating sleeves over the soldered connections..
Under the driver seat there are two pairs of wires in the grey connector.. Only cut the Blue and Brown wires and solder them together as above.. Reconnect the connector..
On the facelift cars it is ONLY the passenger side connector that is affected.. So again cut and solder the Blue and brown wires.