ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag Query due to Previous wiring

Morning, collected car yesterday already working way through, had an issue with the climate control just resolved that. Had issue with few other bits all resolved now onto the next bit which people can probably help much quicker than me looking for wiring diagrams and clarification.

Going to fit my bucket seats this afternoon should weather stay kind. Had quick look at airbag loom under the seat and it looks like someone previously must of had bucket seats in. Wires have been cut / crimped and the connector is only half the block with cut wires.

I have 3.3ohm resistors but putting them into the block will be a pointless experience. In side the car the following currently works for sure.

'Seat belt detection' knows when the belt is on isn't plugged in so pretensioner working
'Air bag light' appears on ignition as should and vanishes so thats functioning.

So I imagine it's all wired correct just rather than using the block it's bypassed (crimped).

I can still manually bridge the connections with the resistors if I cut the wires, strip and electrical tape them but I just need to know which I do?

H2VdmCTl.jpg

Or is is just a case of unplugging this clip and putting the resistor in place the other side as shown in this photo

gVEtSm8l.jpg

Cheers in advance.

Reading through it appears I just need to un clip the red / black connector and then stick a resistor between the 2 colour wires as the black is just an earth.

The rest of the previously bodged wires appear to be all seat belt detection / pretension related and as I'll remount these to my buckets so I've a seat belt for day to day when not using harnesses for a 3 mile drive down to the shops for example I'll probably have to re-cut so will just refit with more tidy male / female push connectors I think should I need to switch things around.

If anyone can confirm the bit regarding the air bag resistors regarding the black / red connector that would be great though