ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag Query

BMW 320d M-Sport
Evening all,

My bro's had a minor accident in his 51 plate 1.4 Clio and the airbag in the side of the driver's seat went off. We need a new seat and to reset/replace the sensor for the airbags. Any advice on where to purchase from and what to get? And are they the right pieces to replace/repair, i.e.;

1) Where to get a cheap seat from? Think my Dad's contacted ClioSpares but not sure how they've progressed.
2) Does the airbag sensor/ecu need resetting or replacing? How can this be done and how much should it be - we're getting conflicting reports from Renault and other independent garages.
3) Is there anything else that will need doing? There's been mention of having to replace the seat belt and associated components from a couple of people but can't seem to get a firm yes or no answer.

Answers on a postcard please, cheers. Any advice happily accepted as always! :D

MG ZR 160 VVC
was in the same position mate...

I found an exact replacement seat on ClioSpares along with the airbag sensor for about £120. Slow delivery tho, 2 weeks when promised 5 days max!

You will need a new sensor yes, and then they all need to be reset at a Renault garage or maybe another garage. I think its around £100.

The seat belt depends if the pretensioner has been fired, in which case you'll need a new one of them too. Mine didn't go off, but wierdly the back one did! You can check by tugging the seat belt if its locked/won't move its probs gone.

Hope that helps.