ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag + SERV light turning up when cold

220 Trophy, EVO 8
I have done a little research here and haven't found anything...

So my SERV+airbag lights come up when I start my car in the cold morning and sometimes even in the late afternoon when it gets a little cooler outside. The lights turn off when I restart the engine after a while.

I have already soldered all of the wires under both seats with extreme caution. The lights still come up.

My clio is 2002 RS 172

Another thing, that could?! be making this problem is that I have mounted a different driver airbag (from a 182) because I have installed cruise control. Could this be the problem? Something with the computer?

But when I take the steering wheel airbag off again and take a look at the connectors, all look well.

This is happening only when car sits parked in cold (5-10 degree C) over night and evening. If I start the car in mid-day (20 degree C) everything's fine...

Help please!

Silver 182
Actually i swear i seen a few topics like this on forum.

Anyway, it happened in my 182 too and a common thing with 1*2. I bet its the passenger side airbag.

I gave up checking connectors and looking at the loose wires under the seat and dash at passenger side (i am s**t in electrics anyway). Took it to a good garage.. cost me 100 quid but everything is now tidy, rewired and the light never came up again.

220 Trophy, EVO 8
Turns out to be a faulty airbag ECU. I found a replacement and It's all good now =)

172 cup
hi mate have similar problem my light will come after bout 20seconds off driving then go out after another ten seconds pretty random.
ive checked the wires under the seats there tight fit and dont seem loose so what is this airbag ecu? is it the aibag squib thing on the steering column? i gonna get mine put on a diag to narrow it down abit.

220 Trophy, EVO 8
Turned out to be a faulty airbag ECU. Replaced it and it's all good now.
The ECU is located unter the middle console. It takes about 5mins to replace.