ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbox/filter spits water

2001 1.4 16v clio
Hey my fiilter or airobox in my clio 1.4 (k4j) spits something at around 5-7k revs any ideas?

No idea what it is spitting, but as there should be no fluid anywhere near the air filter there is obviously something quite badly wrong.

2001 1.4 16v clio
Well im 17 with an exhaust on it so i popped the hood n got a mate to rev it cuz i only hear it from inside the car and someone shouted and we could see water spittingor some other fluid.

2001 1.4 16v clio
33elnw2.jpg

if its coming from under there, that looks like a coolant pipe running in from the right of the pic and then under the CAF and duct tape, so my guess could well be right ;)

I couldn't be 100% on that, though I'd imagine coolant may be pumped faster/at higher pressure the harder the engine is rev'd, so yes it could do.

None
Id take it to a garage mate, rather then keep revving it showing us could make the problem a lot worse than it needs to be