ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbox query

clio 172 cup
hi just bought a stand air box for my 172 just wondering how to block of the section where the acoustic valve slides into as its an oval so cant fit a gromit ect any help be appreciated
thanks

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Wut?

Just fit a cold air feed to the airbox and route it down near the acoustic valve,
you don't need the bloody thing anyway.

clio 172 cup
Yes but there's two holes one for cold air feed one for the valve don't need two cold air feeds do i

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I don't really know what you're asking me mate.

The standard airbox has one short air feed that attaches under the box at the back,
and one in the side that connects to the acoustic valve.

You need both so the box can be fed with cold air from the short one that gets its air from the grill,
and the long one on the right that gets its air from the acoustic valve/wheel arch area.

$(KGrHqN,!n0E-vzYJ5UPBPvlM3,K8!~~60_12.jpg

Do you just have the box and no hoses?

clio 172 cup
yes i do sorry as i havent had one before didnt understand they drew in air from two intakes apologies :S

clio 172 cup
haha on the vts when i removed the valve becuase it was round i just glued a lid from tin of anti freeze over it :)

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
You can just disconnect the hoses on a 1*2s valve and leave it where it is,
i've been running a V6 airbox for years that's not connected to anything,
the acoustic valve is still in it's place doing whatever it does but without any hoses attached.