ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

aircon only blowing hot air

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
Today got in my car this morning and needed the AC on (has been used recently and worked fine) well today even at low setting it was just pumping out hot air. Even with no ac and just blowers it was all hot air.

Later in the day it seemed to reset and be able to get cold air again.

I had originally thought it needed re gassing, but the fact it came cool again later made me wonder.

Any ideas??

CLIO Iceberg 172
is your aircon compressor clicking in everytime you switch it on? if that dosnt engage then it will pump hot air, you might be developing an inttermittant problem

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
im a bit worried it might be an intermittant problem.

Only thing i can think of would be the ignition barrel may be linked, as on saxos the ignition relays tend to go and takes out the heaters/rear screen in one go.

Im hoping it isnt a problem coming on as only had the car a few weeks.

www.renparts.co.uk
is your aircon compressor clicking in everytime you switch it on? if that dosnt engage then it will pump hot air, you might be developing an inttermittant problem

it won't pump hot air if your A/C isn't working just air from outside so cool.

On a side note do a search its been covered loads of times with regards to the flap servos etc.

try turning fan speed right down then changing it.

CLIO Iceberg 172
if its the pump that is not working then everything still goes into aircon mode, so all the servos etc open up the required areas, the hot air comes from the rad where it hasnt been pumped round to cool, with the heat from the enginebay it is always going to be hot,

blowers on min with no AC then its outside air

vtr, 172, s1 rallye

it won't pump hot air if your A/C isn't working just air from outside so cool.

On a side note do a search its been covered loads of times with regards to the flap servos etc.

try turning fan speed right down then changing it.

I searched for aircon and had nothing of any relevance.