ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AirPod Pro issues

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Anyone else want to throw their AirPod Pros out the ducking window doing 70mph down the motorway…?

About a month or 2 ago they popped up saying they couldn’t be verified as genuine items, but as they are I just ignored the message.

Since the radio stopped working in the car I’ve been using them a lot more but they’re becoming more and more unusable.

• they don’t seem to want to update
• they don’t seem to charge properly
• they display weird levels of charge (see video) if I remove one AirPod from the case and replace it straight away (they weren’t plugged in charging or anything at this point)
• people moan like fcuk the quality of the calls are truly awful and I get a lot of feedback with them too
• they connect when I don’t need them and don’t always connect when I do!
• they play music while they’re both in the case with the lid closed.

There’s probably more issues I can’t remember off the top of my head but they’re really really winding me up, especially as at the moment I’m relying on them a lot for calls while driving etc.

Anyone got some helpful advice (other than fcuk them off)?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Mine won’t stay in my ears long enough to be able to comment on any of your issues. Dog s**t design even with memory foam tips.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Tried resetting them?

I don't have those issues with mine just for reference, might be worth taking them back to apple if you have a store nearby.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Tried resetting them?

I don't have those issues with mine just for reference, might be worth taking them back to apple if you have a store nearby.
Yes. I’ve tried that, they’re worse if anything.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Fundamental design issues with the charging connection, also if you ever get then damp then they are screwed, the airpods might be "waterproof" but the charging case just dies out of its arse at the smallest drop of damp. We had to use credit card insurance to reclaim as Apple told us to go swing as they were "water damaged"

Absolute garbage, they are probably made at a cost of £5. Can't help with the issues but I have bad experiences with all the airpods we have bought.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Fundamental design issues with the charging connection, also if you ever get then damp then they are screwed, the airpods might be "waterproof" but the charging case just dies out of its arse at the smallest drop of damp. We had to use credit card insurance to reclaim as Apple told us to go swing as they were "water damaged"

Absolute garbage, they are probably made at a cost of £5. Can't help with the issues but I have bad experiences with all the airpods we have bought.
They have not had water damage as far as I know, they’ve been left in the car overnight and probably got cold but that’s it.

I bought them off a member on here (works at an apple retailer iirc) but they’ve not been active since December so haven’t read my PM asking for advice.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
They have not had water damage as far as I know, they’ve been left in the car overnight and probably got cold but that’s it.

I bought them off a member on here (works at an apple retailer iirc) but they’ve not been active since December so haven’t read my PM asking for advice.

My wifes were sent back and there was a tiny black mark on the connection in the charging case, they decided it was "water damaged" despite them never getting wet and that was that.. customer service is appalling.

Hoppe yours gets resolved but we just get cheap anker ones for £20 the sounds pretty good and they last for ever!

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
So I’ve just gone into the settings > about > AirPods Pro to find this…
8C6DEE5E-73FE-4393-A7A0-C314145704B6.jpeg

I’ve reset them multiple times but nothing changes. How can they lose their serial numbers 🤷🏼‍♀️

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Crazy question but are you sure they are actually Apple and not knock offs?

Apple added AirPod verification in an iOS update end of January.
It would explain why it’s only recently started playing up.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
301BC3B5-1FA7-4F18-BF7D-366124B30291.jpeg

Found this screenshot from Feb this year when they started playing up

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One

I’m beginning to wonder… 🤔 if they are I’d be really upset.

They do everything they should like automatic connection, naming etc.
If I tap the ‘I’ from the Bluetooth settings page I can see the serial numbers for the AirPods but the Left one says this:
‘🅛com.apple.accessory.updater.app.multiasset.60’

Amy ideas?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Have you had them charging and open beside your phone to initiate the firmware update?
Open? Does that make a difference? I’ve had them charging closed and nothing happens

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
You could try the apple support app, you can web chat with an apple genius.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
You could try the apple support app, you can web chat with an apple genius.

Doesn’t look promising
11D9022A-CCC7-4609-9BBA-48298F477F79.png

Clio Dci
There’s a lot of fakes around that look a lot like the real ones, I bought some from Amazon warehouse and they were fake. Sent them back and bought brand new. If you pull the soft piece off and compare images online you’ll be able to tell. Also where it shows the version etc is different on my phone? I’ve never updated mine on purpose and have a later version? Mine where purchased in Feb 21
D059D338-427C-4457-B858-EE72C8CDCCDF.jpeg

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Mine have never been updated either and have worked flawlessly up until recently.

Now they just connect as and when they fancy even if they’re in the car on the driveway and I’m in the house. Makes taking calls on my phone interesting as they’ll randomly connect mid call and I won’t know until the other person goes silent 😡
The case charging has been a bit weird of late though as per my OP.

They still work as they should when they are connected.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Did you buy them from Apple or someone else?

Obviously, if not direct from Apple you can't guarantee they are genuine,.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
So I never actually managed to buy a pair but on saying that my mates mate had a f**k load of these and was selling them for £75 a box.

I bought 5 of them and put the the serial numbers into the Apple warranty checker and they came back real but they where actually fake.
The box, The package, the wrap, leaflets everything was perfect right down to the font and colour of writing and every full stop.

After about 4 days they would not connect, They would just start doing all things from calling people, stopping music and all sorts.
Mate took them all back and gave me my money but im guessing you have maybe got a pair of these AAA+ Fakes

P.s

My wife's airpods 3rd generation which are genuine work fine as they would but we compared the packaging along with everything we could and it was bob on.

Last edited:

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Best book into the Genius bar and see if they can authenticate them on their system or not.

I guess if not you can buy a new set then and there.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Best book into the Genius bar and see if they can authenticate them on their system or not.

I guess if not you can buy a new set then and there.
Think that’s my next option. Next hurdle is finding the time!!! 😂

Clio Dci
Might be worth still pulling the soft bit off and checking against images online before you go down! Also does the noise cancelling work?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Might be worth still pulling the soft bit off and checking against images online before you go down! Also does the noise cancelling work?
Yes that works too well… i don’t like it 😂

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

A fair comment - it is a possibility?

This the status of mine...

1681032534197.png

Mine are well out of warranty period now and without wanting to sound like an irritating fanboi - they are absolutely brilliant pieces of kit. I use them every time I'm in the office to drown out other people with the noise cancellation and I'll preach to anyone who will listen about just how good spatial audio is. I've span around on my chair several times like an absolute spanner just to sense the shift in audio location. :LOL:

Such a shame that you're having trouble with yours - hopefully Apple themselves could assist with them?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
So they connect ok to the iPad, with the serial number etc showing correctly?

If it’s only the phone they have an issue with, sounds like more of a phone issue? Do other Bluetooth devices work ok with the phone?
They connect to my iPad with the same serial numbers as my phone.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I had a similar situation with BOSE headphones. Bought brand new from Amazon after my originals packed in after 20 years. As soon as I stuck them on my ears I knew they were fake. They weren’t even cheap.

I bought the same ones from BOSE directly and then compared them before getting a refund on the fakes. Other than the sound, everything else was perfectly forged.

I just buy directly off the manufacturer now. My AirPod Pros are awesome by the way, well worth buying direct from Apple.

When I think about it now, It’s not limited to audio devices either. I’ve had fake Nike shoes, injectors, spark plugs. The market’s awash with junk.

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
They sounds like fakes unfortunately, very good ones albeit. Classic case of buy cheap buy twice!

I bought mine direct from Apple, didn't want any risk of replicas. They've worked perfectly since day 1, even despite one being dropped and left on the train tracks overnight at Derby Station in -5c damp weather. That was a learning curve - don't f**k around with airpods whilst getting on and off the train :ROFLMAO:
People can say what they like about Apple but my real-world experience is their build quality and durability is actually really good.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
They connect to my iPad with the same serial numbers as my phone.
Exactly. So if they’re working perfectly with another device (the air pad), maybe it’s an issue with your phone. Do other Bluetooth devices work ok with your phone?