ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airport Express?

6/468 17poo
If i wanted to play music through my Pioneer Amp from my computer wirelessly would this be the best solution?

I currently have my macbook plugged into an external soundcard which is connected to my pioneer amp as this gives alot better sound than just using the 3.5mm jack from the macbook?

Anyone use these airports?

Ryan

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
If i wanted to play music through my Pioneer Amp from my computer wirelessly would this be the best solution?

I currently have my macbook plugged into an external soundcard which is connected to my pioneer amp as this gives alot better sound than just using the 3.5mm jack from the macbook?

Anyone use these airports?

Ryan

Yes, we've got a couple if the older generation ones. You just choose in iTunes where you want to play to.

FormulaFord Ecoboost
I've got one as well.

In fact, I've got the Airport Extreme base station and use the Airport Express to extend my network wirelessly, it's also plugged into my hifi. There are alternatives, but if you use iTunes and like the Apple stuff then get one.

Citroen DS3 DSport
No, instead of the airport express. Stream your music via the ATV2. You get far more for your money with the ATV2 and it has better audio output than the AE. Connect via wifi to your home network and control it using your MacBook, iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch depending on what you own.

Last edited:
  FormulaFord Ecoboost
No RCA or 3.5mm output on the ATV2 though so not really any good for connecting to an amp unless you have optical input.

6/468 17poo
Ive got 2 optical inputs on my amp so this will work fine surely? so Audio to optical and HDMI to the TV and can control the lot from my 3gs or mac, job done!

6/468 17poo
Cool, the guy in the iStore really didnt help today got more sense off you guys! Im sure there is no application to do this with a ps3 is there? to control via iphone? the Apple tv doesnt let me plug in an external hard drive does it and doesnt play avi's?

Citroen DS3 DSport
You can stream from a networked external drive or computer and hack the ATV2 to run XBMC which will play most video files, that's what I use mine for.

6/468 17poo
You can stream from a networked external drive or computer and hack the ATV2 to run XBMC which will play most video files, that's what I use mine for.

Bam! That's what I want to hear! Nice one cheers for your help ill look into this then!

Citroen DS3 DSport
The latest iOS version for ATV2 has been released this week and is not currently jailbroken for use with XBMC but if you buy now chances are you will receive a unit with older firmware.

EDIT:

A tethered jailbreak is available for the latest firmware, still awaiting a untethered version.

Last edited:
  FormulaFord Ecoboost
Just to clarify what sneeks said. You can stream from a networked drive WHEN you've put XBMC on it but you can't do that with the standard software yet. To stream you need to have a computer running iTunes